Shortcut to join the server

Something is not working. You need help with ET related things. Spam posts will be deleted!
Kristen Gislefoss
her blog

Shortcut to join the server

Post by Kristen Gislefoss »

Uhmm im not really a pc wizard so what im wondering about is:
is it possible to make some kind of a short cut to join the server? sometimes it doesnt pop up in the servers list and then i'll have to connect to IP or whatever and thats no good when i need to play (fast! now!). if its possible, please tell me how i can make this work:D would be great! thanks.
gaoesa
Site Admin

Re: Shortcut to join the server

Post by gaoesa »

You can add +connect 81.22.249.50 to you et shortcut, in the command line parameters. I don't know how the ETs inbuilt favourite servers list works but you may want to check that one too. I have never used it, I always use the command /connect in the console.

Maybe we could make a Himalia menu so that there would be a quick button right when you start the game. But I haven't always liked it when some clan servers have made those and I suddenly find my ET menus 'ruined' :P after playing couple of maps on some servers.
He hoped and prayed that there wasn't an afterlife. Then he realized there was a contradiction involved here and merely hoped that there wasn't an afterlife.
- Douglas Adams

silEnT development
http://mygamingtalk.com/
neroWinger

Post by neroWinger »

no menu plz, i hate that stuff
btw i always use /connect himalia.game... so easy to remember n a short cut once for all

@lara no male message :/ to farthers day
Kristen Gislefoss

Post by Kristen Gislefoss »

aahh great, thanks a lot! [smilie=drinks.gif]
now the shortcut on my desktop takes me right into the server:D
now i just need a cool himalia icon to go with it. [smilie=beach.gif]

edit: btw menus that pop up in my ET all of sudden is scary, but if it could be possible with just an addon for those of us interested, that would be cool.[smilie=music.gif] anyways i got the + connect thingie working so i guess im good.
gaoesa
Site Admin

Post by gaoesa »

As requested, here it is. An optional main menu for the hole game.

Place the attached file in your etmain folder and you have a quick connect button first in the menu. Everything else should be standard menu, but if theres an error, please let me know.
Attachments
~~~menu_himalia.pk3
Himalia menu with quick connect button.
(1.41 KiB) Downloaded 480 times
He hoped and prayed that there wasn't an afterlife. Then he realized there was a contradiction involved here and merely hoped that there wasn't an afterlife.
- Douglas Adams

silEnT development
http://mygamingtalk.com/