Cant connect to the server

Something is not working. You need help with ET related things. Spam posts will be deleted!
thesituation
her blog

Cant connect to the server

Post by thesituation »

Hi,

finaly got a new computer and have downloaded wolfenstein. But when i try to connect to the silent server

the message: "Game code (ui_x86.ddll) failed pure server check" appairs, and i have no clue what to do :(
can u help me gao? :)
gaoesa
Site Admin

Re: Cant connect to the server

Post by gaoesa »

You have to run the game with sufficient privileges. Since you have installed the game into the Program Files, you have to run it as an administrator. Or you can install the game outside of the Program Files folder.

Right click on the ET icon andselect it from there.
He hoped and prayed that there wasn't an afterlife. Then he realized there was a contradiction involved here and merely hoped that there wasn't an afterlife.
- Douglas Adams

silEnT development
http://mygamingtalk.com/
puolakanaho

Post by puolakanaho »

gaoesa wrote:You have to run the game with sufficient privileges. Since you have installed the game into the Program Files, you have to run it as an administrator. Or you can install the game outside of the Program Files folder.

Right click on the ET icon andselect it from there.

i am administrator of my computer and still get the message?
gaoesa
Site Admin

Post by gaoesa »

It's not enough to be administrator, you have to run the program as administrator. Right click the icon, select properties and in compatibility tab select run as administrator.
He hoped and prayed that there wasn't an afterlife. Then he realized there was a contradiction involved here and merely hoped that there wasn't an afterlife.
- Douglas Adams

silEnT development
http://mygamingtalk.com/
puolakanaho

Post by puolakanaho »

gaoesa wrote:It's not enough to be administrator, you have to run the program as administrator. Right click the icon, select properties and in compatibility tab select run as administrator.

i got it working.i didnt read propely

thanks