Himalia gameplay videos

Fun zone ...
Nanaa
her blog

Himalia gameplay videos

Post by Nanaa »

Hello Himalians!

Recorded this match on Himalia Jan 8th, 2012.

(I'm planning to make at least one video for each class... if I got time and if I get good material.
At the same time Himalia server would get some promoting!)

Cheers,
Nanaa
gaoesa
Site Admin

Re: Himalia gameplay videos

Post by gaoesa »

That is great. I hope you get time and material for more videos.
He hoped and prayed that there wasn't an afterlife. Then he realized there was a contradiction involved here and merely hoped that there wasn't an afterlife.
- Douglas Adams

silEnT development
http://mygamingtalk.com/
puolakanaho

Post by puolakanaho »

aww i was making a video about himalia too couple of years ago but i never found an editing tool to edit it together...or get the videos to upload to youtube...or even actually play the fraps :(
Nanaa

Post by Nanaa »

Yeah there are a lot of new things when you start video making. I recorded demo first in ET ("/record" and "/stoprecord" commands), then replayed and captured the footage with Fraps and finally edited in Sony Vegas Pro 10.0.
puolakanaho

Post by puolakanaho »

yeah i could not find a proper editor and then youtube did not allow me to upload the video so i had to quit the project...
Nanaa

Post by Nanaa »

Notice! If you want your gameplay to be uploaded on youtube, you can send me your demo(s)!!!
At the moment, I'm not especially skilled with rifle engineer, so if someone like Neon(jake.) recorded demos for me, it would be highly appreciated.
Honey

Post by Honey »

How much did that Sony Vegas Pro 10.0 cost? Current version seems to be 12.0 and that costs around 500 euros.. [smilie=vinsent.gif]
puolakanaho

Post by puolakanaho »

Nanaa wrote:Notice! If you want your gameplay to be uploaded on youtube, you can send me your demo(s)!!!
At the moment, I'm not especially skilled with rifle engineer, so if someone like Neon(jake.) recorded demos for me, it would be highly appreciated.

i suck at rifle engineer.but if you want we could throw in some heads together and try to make a full lenght skill video of the server.
Honey wrote:How much did that Sony Vegas Pro 10.0 cost? Current version seems to be 12.0 and that costs around 500 euros.. [smilie=vinsent.gif]
dafuq the one i found was like 30 euros D:
gaoesa
Site Admin

Post by gaoesa »

I wonder if Sony Vegas Movie Studio has all the features needed for the video making.

Not that I'm buying, just curious about more affordable programs or suites for amateurs.
He hoped and prayed that there wasn't an afterlife. Then he realized there was a contradiction involved here and merely hoped that there wasn't an afterlife.
- Douglas Adams

silEnT development
puolakanaho

Post by puolakanaho »

i think there are cheaper options available.i did quite alot of research on this when i was supposed to make the solo skill video....
gR!ns

Post by gR!ns »

Features of video making.. I think that depends of your needs. You can do simple things, cut and paste, transforms etc. with every video editing software.
gaoesa
Site Admin

Post by gaoesa »

So what are the more advanced features? Especially those that you can't find from every video editing software.
- Douglas Adams

silEnT development
Nanaa

Post by Nanaa »

I think most youtubers would be satisfied with Movie Studio. I have no personal experiences about the differences to Sony Vegas Pro though. I researched and some guy said that Vegas' main benefits are 32-bit FloatingPoint Color Corrector, better AVC rendering and 64-bit support. Movie Studio is also missing some features like masking. You wouldn't do this kind of effect with those cheaper programs: http://youtu.be/RJcyCmaxREc?t=6m47s
Gaunt

Post by Gaunt »

gaoesa wrote:So what are the more advanced features? Especially those that you can't find from every video editing software.
After Effects can help doing some 3d tracking and create some nice effects, like text moving into 3d space and all the stuff that 3d nerd like me love.
Cs6 made it even easier than previous version.
If someone is interested I found something related to ET:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbP_P0r2hj8
I'm an engineer...
gR!ns

Post by gR!ns »

gaoesa wrote:So what are the more advanced features? Especially those that you can't find from every video editing software.
Okey, then I must been lucky that I have found correct programs :) Even with Windows Movie Maker you can do those, and I think is quite simple program. I think that advanced features might be effects, layering for example. Im not specialized for video editing so Im not sure for everything what you can do with commercial programs like Adobe Premiere.

Cut and paste are all what I have needed so far :)