Operation Revive Suomi Scene

Ideas to improve our server or the forum.
sinful
her blog

Operation Revive Suomi Scene

Post by sinful »

I dont know should I write in finnish or in english but here we go, I'll write in English.

ET currently has small amount of finnish servers, there is two? himalia servers and one etbox server.
I enjoyed playing finnish et servers years ago, it was fun to play with and against finnish players.
Finnish ET servers are dying, I dont want that to happen. So I got an idea that I could do, pick a server from finland and try to revive it. I know himalia still has some players left but it is not as popular as it used to be.
I picked himalia because u had a nice website and more players than ETBoxi.
Doesnt matter what do you think about this idea, I'll do it anyways, atleast I will try to do something.

Sorry about my bad english, I didnt really plan what to write :D

-s!nful

Contact xfire:sinfulfinn1
gR!ns

Re: Operation Revive Suomi Scene

Post by gR!ns »

sinful wrote:I dont know should I write in finnish or in english but here we go, I'll write in English.
Referring to our forum rules, you picked the right language.
sinful wrote:ET currently has small amount of finnish servers, there is two? himalia servers and one etbox server.
It's true that our server was located in Finland earlier, but not anymore. Though we have seen our community more like international than finnish, even we have (had) lot of finnish players on our server.
sinful wrote:Finnish ET servers are dying, I dont want that to happen. So I got an idea that I could do, pick a server from finland and try to revive it.
Generally, ET servers are dying all around. When game comes to the age of 10, it's quite miracle that there are even this much players left. This is mostly cos of the people who have keeped it alive with servers and modifications that players could still enjoy the game.
sinful wrote:Doesnt matter what do you think about this idea, I'll do it anyways, atleast I will try to do something.
Good luck [smilie=good.gif] You're telling that you're going to open ET server in Finland and that you like our website. Nice, but a little thing what I don't find from your text is that, what is your actual question?

Cheers
TheSilencerPL

Post by TheSilencerPL »

gR!ns wrote:You're telling that you're going to open ET server in Finland
No, he didn't say that. He said that he would pick one Suomi server and try to revive it, that is he chose Himalia server to be revived by him, whatever that means :)
"The world is moving so fast these days that the man who says it can't be done is generally interrupted by someone doing it."
-- E. Hubbard
gR!ns

Post by gR!ns »

Okey. If this is the case, then I misunderstood it first. I was sure that the 'picking a server from finland' and 'reviving it' was related to save ET Suomi scene by opening a new server in Finland. That's why I didn't see the question cos there wasn't one. :)
gaoesa
Site Admin

Post by gaoesa »

I personally have seen Himalia as international server founded in Finland. I personally don't see any issues with such thinking and neither did other founders of the server. Every server has its roots somewhere. Reviving is welcomed of course. Just please, everyone remember that we are indeed an international community.
He hoped and prayed that there wasn't an afterlife. Then he realized there was a contradiction involved here and merely hoped that there wasn't an afterlife.
- Douglas Adams

silEnT development
http://mygamingtalk.com/
gR!ns

Post by gR!ns »

sinful wrote:Doesnt matter what do you think about this idea, I'll do it anyways, atleast I will try to do something.
Maybe better to correct this last note, after I got this right.. It's a great idea! [smilie=good.gif]
You can start from here: Personal Announcements

Cheers