Disabling certain Cvars

Ideas to improve our server or the forum.
Ch!ca
her blog

Disabling certain Cvars

Post by Ch!ca »

I have a little suggestion about certain cvars available.
The following Cvars that I am posting does improve the aim by making it steady.
Known also as Tweaks / Tweaking.
This is quite a common way that a random player overnight will be an avarage.
The main settings that I suggest to disable are following:
cg_bobpitch "0.000" //by default 0.002
cg_bobroll "0.000" //by default 0.002
cg_bobup "0.000" //by default 0.005
cg_bobyaw "0.000 //by default 0.002
cg_runpitch "0.000" //by default 0.005
cg_runroll "0.000" //by default 0.002

So perhaps try them and consider it.
Personally I think it is an adventage infront of new players and that would make the game unfair.

Cheers,
Ch!ca. [smilie=new_russian.gif]
Life is tough, and if you have the ability to laugh at it you have the ability to enjoy it. Salma Hayek
gaoesa
Site Admin

Re: Disabling certain Cvars

Post by gaoesa »

The advantage of these cvars is that they make the gun move less when the player is moving. It is quite common among the players to set these to 0. Also, it is quite common that players disable the gun completely from the view. They do not affect the crosshair or the recoil. We can consider forcing these cvars because like I said, most players use cg_drawGun 0 to get a fuller view, but the advantages are quite minimum.
He hoped and prayed that there wasn't an afterlife. Then he realized there was a contradiction involved here and merely hoped that there wasn't an afterlife.
- Douglas Adams

silEnT development
http://mygamingtalk.com/
Ch!ca

Post by Ch!ca »

cg_drawGun 0 is abit different and imo out of content.
It is for me the same like changing the size of Crosshair.
It's a player preference that can be changed through game options.

The settings mentioned in previous post are rather tweaks that is not known in public but run through certain groups - the ones that tweak their gameplay to be above others.
Affect is same like using aimbot, not that the aim will be head on head but it will Certainly boost your aiming/bobing "skills".
These I'd like to call Tweaks do eliminate pro's from tweaker's.
What I mean and aim to is that those who use these cvars mentioned in above post do have adventages that are not common and probably not even quarter of ET players knows them.
Those are not settings that could be easily changed via Options Expect in some certain Clans modif. menu's.
For a fair gameplay these settings shall be disabled.
As example in real your hand would be shaking while shooting.
The same affect is having bob settings by default.
If not on default aka tweaked you shall be robot [smilie=crazy.gif]
Life is tough, and if you have the ability to laugh at it you have the ability to enjoy it. Salma Hayek
gaoesa
Site Admin

Post by gaoesa »

Like I said, those settings only affect the movements of the gun, not in any way to the crosshair. People use the crosshair to aim. Also, just about all of the ET forums there are instruct people to set those into 0 or to disable the gun, wich will also disable all the benefits from having the gun stable.

Some people say it helps them but it certainly will not give tremendous help. Personally, it is hard for me to say since I dont draw the gun at all.
He hoped and prayed that there wasn't an afterlife. Then he realized there was a contradiction involved here and merely hoped that there wasn't an afterlife.
- Douglas Adams

silEnT development
http://mygamingtalk.com/
Weedk

Post by Weedk »

I get seasick when I tilt left/right/left/right.