Give back original panzer damage

Ideas to improve our server or the forum.
wanker
her blog

Give back original panzer damage

Post by wanker »

Ye I hate panzer too but right now it's way too weak. The weapon has lost its point completly. Even if you are a skilled panzer it is almost impossible to get any kills with it. The way to balance this is to give panzer back its original damage but make the (re) loading time longer. So you can still make the kills but you have to wait longer to reload.
gaoesa
Site Admin

Re: Give back original panzer damage

Post by gaoesa »

I have played a lot of panzer and got lot's of kills with it. Even 2-3 players at the same time. Though it sometimes feels a little buggy. For instance shooting engineer with flack jacket in the head doesn't seem to splat that engineer, however, shooting the same engineer to the knee will.

The panzer damage will stay because you can still get kills with splash damage when you know where to shoot it. Also, even if you don't kill with it, you can make a group of camping enemies easier to kill for your team so it does serve a purpose.

EDIT:
Checked and there isn't necessarily a bug. The flak jacket gives 50 percent reduction on damage and that is really a lot. Maybe it's better to disable this one as the current XP save sytem kind of grants it too easily anyway. Just like adrenaline is disabled from the medics.

EDIT2:
Not possible to remove flak jacket from engineers. I'll increase the damage enough so that direct shot from panzer will always kill engineer even with flack jacket.
He hoped and prayed that there wasn't an afterlife. Then he realized there was a contradiction involved here and merely hoped that there wasn't an afterlife.
- Douglas Adams

silEnT development
http://mygamingtalk.com/
gaoesa
Site Admin

Post by gaoesa »

No more edits to the previous post.

The reason why I don't want to increase the recharge time is because it will penalise all those who do not have full heavy weapons skills. For a solution that would balance the game as if it were the original game, we should concentrate on removing the persistent XP save. I believe, it is possible to have the XP reset for every player with an interval of played maps. This would allow campaign style XP save with map voting.
He hoped and prayed that there wasn't an afterlife. Then he realized there was a contradiction involved here and merely hoped that there wasn't an afterlife.
- Douglas Adams

silEnT development
puolakanaho

Post by puolakanaho »

well panza is overpowered and specialy in gold rush thy can cause apocalypse to axis team whit it if thy know how to camp but still if thy take damage low then it just becomes a slow weapon wich grants thee no kills and crappy weapon

its already annoying as it is to use panza whitout the full heavy weapon skills(stars whatever) since it takes shitload of time to reload and you get stuck whit a pea shootter....
gaoesa
Site Admin

Post by gaoesa »

I have played soldier class for a week and haven't felt it underpowered at all. Of course it is problematic that you get the full use of it only when you have full stars and you can use smg as a secondary weapon.
- Douglas Adams

silEnT development
puolakanaho

Post by puolakanaho »

touche i haventh played et for months!

i might be getting miself a new computer thou so i might be able to play et again soon....and dragon age....that game is supa cool!
Radez

Post by Radez »

Panzer is always op... always will be... ;)
Sm0k3 a f3w blunts 4nd fr4g with|THC|RA-deZ