How about that new anti cheat?

Ideas to improve our server or the forum.
wanker
her blog

How about that new anti cheat?

Post by wanker »

So, gaoesa, u mantioned smth about new anti-cheat. Are ya gonna put this on the server. And if yes, when? I hope really, really soon!
gaoesa
Site Admin

Re: How about that new anti cheat?

Post by gaoesa »

The TZAC is for ETPro. The silEnT mod will have to do with the PunkBuster just like all the other mods except ETPro.
He hoped and prayed that there wasn't an afterlife. Then he realized there was a contradiction involved here and merely hoped that there wasn't an afterlife.
- Douglas Adams

silEnT development
http://mygamingtalk.com/
wanker

Post by wanker »

Ok, roger that.

But I'm sure that there must be a way, that we all could benefit from this new anti-cheat.
What if we had another server that had ETpro and new anticheat and some good small (1 vs 1) maps on it. That way if someone is accused of cheating the player can have some way to proof that he/she is not using any kind of cheats. Ofc playing 1 vs 1 with someone isn't the same as playing in public server but if there is no significant drop in accuracy/aiming it is reasonable to conclude that the player really wasn't using any bots. And to make this even more effective other players/admins could spectate the dueling players. If some players can beat me in the silent mode 90% of the times when where were having 1 vs 1 fights, he/she should be able to do this in all the servers running what ever mod.
I'm not saying that this will work 100% but thats what I came up with. If anyone has other/better ideas I would be happy to read about them.
Pluss I think it would be fun to have server just for fragging. 1 vs 1, 2 vs 2, or 3 vs 3. No objective, just to improve aiming and accuracy. And if that doesn't work you can always change the server back or try smth else.

Edit: ctf_well; te_valhalla; mp_sillyctf are just some of the maps that are fun to play with small number of people.
gaoesa
Site Admin

Post by gaoesa »

I like this idea. I have been for it for a long time too. The problem is that I'm already running 2 servers and 3rd would start to put strains on my server. Also, maintenance of servers is time consuming and one must learn some new things for every mod even if experienced. Luckily, I already have ETPro installed but not configured on this server.

Indeed, 1vs1, 2vs2 and alike sound very good to me. Maybe it could even generate some players there as the requirement is not for the big teams. However, I would definitely need some help with the server. Configs and stuff.
He hoped and prayed that there wasn't an afterlife. Then he realized there was a contradiction involved here and merely hoped that there wasn't an afterlife.
- Douglas Adams

silEnT development
gaoesa
Site Admin

Post by gaoesa »

I would be willing to change the SIKY server to ETPro now that the silEnT server is streaming. That server is practically empty and the biggest reason for that server has been to have it stream to PBBans. The silEnT server is now streaming and has been for a longer while so there isn't that much reason to keep SIKY server that way anymore.
- Douglas Adams

silEnT development
wanker

Post by wanker »

gaoesa wrote:I would be willing to change the SIKY server to ETPro now that the silEnT server is streaming.
Ok, thats good news.
Can't you use some kind of standard ETpro config. I think standard Clanbase 3 vs 3 server config with some minor changes will do.
gaoesa
Site Admin

Post by gaoesa »

I have lot of things to do with the silEnT server and the silEnT mod. I would appreciate if you could help me with these configs. Just post everything here as attachements. :P
- Douglas Adams

silEnT development
wanker

Post by wanker »

Sure, no problem. This is official Clanbase 1 vs 1 ETPro server config. The latest official release.
Attachments
cb_1v1_speed.zip
(3.16 KiB) Downloaded 550 times
gaoesa
Site Admin

Post by gaoesa »

Thanks. I seem to have some problems recovering my old account on TZAC. And I have no idea what email I have used to get the account in the first place.

EDIT:
Huh, I found the registering email, so I guess I just need to wait.
- Douglas Adams

silEnT development
gaoesa
Site Admin

Post by gaoesa »

Ok. I have now set up the etpro server. It loads the certified 1vs1 config.

I won't replace just yet to change the usually empty server with bots to an empty server without bots. I will start it when theres couple players for test first. Then if interest is enough, I can replace the TDM server with it.

If you want more configs and the possibility to vote for them, then post them here, but I would think the 1vs1 config is enough for start.
- Douglas Adams

silEnT development
gaoesa
Site Admin

Post by gaoesa »

In case I wasn't clear enough last night. I would like to get players interested playing there to post here and maybe even try to set up a time when they would try out the server. I would first set it to a different port but with enough interest, I would replace the TDM server.
- Douglas Adams

silEnT development
wanker

Post by wanker »

I am very interested. First thing should be getting the server up and running and little advertising. Whats the IP? And i think that the best solution is that players co-ordinate the duels among themsevs. If some one accuses some one of cheating then the accused player should accept the duel. And if they don't it should be taken as cheating :D
I am challenging Lippo and 4pz0 :D
On weekdays I can play between hours 1900 to 2300 and on weekends anytime is fine :D
wanker

Post by wanker »

Boom!
Attachments
globalconfigsv1_2.zip
(87.54 KiB) Downloaded 564 times
Mooperi

Post by Mooperi »

I'm sorry about that Himalia started to use the tzac program. Which is a Windows only program. There is no Linux version available. Thus, I can not play the new Himalia ETPro server. The worst fear is that TZAC would be coming to a silent mod Himalia Objective game server? Surely not?

Enemy Territory game, however, has always been available for other operating systems than Windows as you know. In my opinion to that should be respected and I hope that you use something other anticheat program until the linux version also exists.

It is sad that the game's original developer support Linux, but the anti-cheat developers not. And therefore, makes the game's original work, redundant!

I really hope that this does not happen Himalia Objectiv game server?
Hope that himalia found out something better.
gaoesa
Site Admin

Post by gaoesa »

I really hope that this does not happen Himalia Objectiv game server?
The developers of the TZAC have always promised to make that there will be Linux version. However, I'm not too hopefull it doeas happen. Also, it is very unlikely that the TZAC will be made to support other mods but ETPro. However, all is not perhaps lost for Linux users, http://tz-ac.com/topic.php?id=25. That is if you are running windows in virtual machine under linux. I know it is not good, but it is better then nothing.
- Douglas Adams

silEnT development