New Ideas

Ideas to improve our server or the forum.
gaoesa
Site Admin
her blog

New Ideas

Post by gaoesa »

Hello

We have 2 servers which the other one is ETPro with tzac. However, it is not having population nor will it get population enough for it's existence. Also seems unlikely we will use it for the tournament. Let's see if we can get one done with silEnT to get enough players to play. The main server has good games and not really in big troubles but without the master server list, it has had a big impact as well. The server has a reason to exist if there are games at least sometimes and at the moment there are games every day.

So, my question is asking community for new ideas. We can close the ETPro server and put something else to use the resources. We can seek for other multiplayer games if you know interesting ones. Which have Linux server files of course. Multiplayer games without Linux servers are not worth it.

I'll open new sub forum for discussions of other games.
He hoped and prayed that there wasn't an afterlife. Then he realized there was a contradiction involved here and merely hoped that there wasn't an afterlife.
- Douglas Adams

silEnT development
http://mygamingtalk.com/
TheSilencerPL

Re: New Ideas

Post by TheSilencerPL »

There is the bzflag game: http://bzflag.org/
I played it quite often long time ago. Huge fun! Different gameplay types, supports different platforms.

It's a tank game, you drive the tank and do different objectives in different gameplay types. Check it out, you won't regret.
Actually, when I am thinking about it, I would really like to play it again. If you don't know what it is, just download it and try it. There are plenty of servers running it, so you can easily test it online.
:D

EDIT1: sorry for replying in this thread, but I couldn't find the promised one.
"The world is moving so fast these days that the man who says it can't be done is generally interrupted by someone doing it."
-- E. Hubbard