Admin recruiting

Ideas to improve our server or the forum.
divine_one
her blog

Admin recruiting

Post by divine_one »

Considering all options i have decided to post here.
I have some doubts about recruiting new admins.
It looks like only applying players are voting for each other (with some exceptions), nobody else are interested.
I think that it doesn't work good that way. I don't know how did you recruit before, but it seems to work well.
Maybe pretenders should have just only one vote and the required number of votes should not be greater than three, cause now all that voting situation doesn't looks serious (i know i am not without fault, but i tought that we will have a lot more voters).
I hope that i'm wrong and soon we will see many new votes here (probably not for me after this post :-P )
divine_one

Re: Admin recruiting

Post by divine_one »

Can you move this topic to "What can we do better"? That was late night, i was really tired and post it in wrong place. I don't want to be taken as i'm complaining or something, thats only suggestions. Thanks.
Proud Chicken

Post by Proud Chicken »

Those comments are to be considered as opinions and comments about possible admins.
Every applicant is still discussed by the management team. They can be turned down regardless of the comments.
Proud Chicken

Post by Proud Chicken »

From Gaos initial post about the Admin application:

* Do note, even if all requirements are met, it does not mean your application will be approved and you will become admin. The management team will still have the final say.
gaoesa
Site Admin

Post by gaoesa »

Yes. We can decide if the promotion post should be taken serisouly or not and reaching 5 promotions does not yet mean player is chosen to be an admin. Little more activity would be good though it is understandable that mostly those players who are applying have the biggest interest in posting to the forum.
He hoped and prayed that there wasn't an afterlife. Then he realized there was a contradiction involved here and merely hoped that there wasn't an afterlife.
- Douglas Adams

silEnT development
http://mygamingtalk.com/
puolakanaho

Post by puolakanaho »

well the thing is most of us only vote for people we would like to see as admin.

i have voted for atleast 5 aplicants already but i haventh voted people like ________ and marko (who i think is applying) since i dont know them so well.

and yea we dont have alot of people visiting forums(the number has gone down since my days) so its not a big suprise you see same people voting on every applicant.since if we were only allowed one vote then nobody would be having those 5 votes required ....
gaoesa
Site Admin

Post by gaoesa »

It's not vote. It is your positive opinion and expectation of the applicant as an admin. Also, negative expectations can be put in the thread and will be considered as well.
He hoped and prayed that there wasn't an afterlife. Then he realized there was a contradiction involved here and merely hoped that there wasn't an afterlife.
- Douglas Adams

silEnT development
puolakanaho

Post by puolakanaho »

gaoesa wrote:It's not vote. It is your positive opinion and expectation of the applicant as an admin. Also, negative expectations can be put in the thread and will be considered as well.

bad choice of words on my part.i apologize
divine_one

Post by divine_one »

I have started this discussion because situation was a little funny. We had (maybe still have) more apliccants than players who wish express their opinion. I just don't want it to looks like - "i voted for you, so you vote for me". It's not like that. Of course, as gaoesa said, "vote" is not good word for it, but you know what i mean. Now everything is clear.
Mooperi

Post by Mooperi »

I do not like a "good brother" setups. I would have preferred to keep the "voting" secret. Only administrators may see who "voted" for whom. I wrote a long text about this earlier today but I never sent it. It is just a game and it is not so serious...
gaoesa
Site Admin

Post by gaoesa »

I can assure you that we will keep the admin requirements high and demotions are possible if we notice we have made a mistake. Also, nobody advances from the trial level to full admin without proving his capability. The "good brothers" if I understand correctly will not have a chance to mess about. Furthermore, I would like to remind that the requirement for a valid promotion is that the promoter is a known regular. I see you made a post to promote divine_one without making an application. So you have broken the cycle.

One more thing is that if the opinions would be secret it would not allow anyone to counter argue or even the applicant himself to defend in case someone disapproves him.
- Douglas Adams

silEnT development