supply depot

Ideas to improve our server or the forum.
puolakanaho
her blog

supply depot

Post by puolakanaho »

now first of all i want to say that i am in no case trying to disrespect anybody nor start a fight.

but why in the name of everything that is holy is this version of the map back????

the truck cannot be destroyed and there is no ammo/health points for axis so its completely unfair for the axis team.

cant we have the night supply depot back or atleast fix the damn truck so axis would actually have a chance here?or is there some greater plan in bringing this map back that i am not seeing???
Mooperi

Re: supply depot

Post by Mooperi »

I agree. Truck should be able to destroy.
But I like the idea that there was not ammo/health points at all.
mk13.se

Post by mk13.se »

The lack of ammo and Health is good since it forces players to have field ops and medics that support their team. The truck though needs to be destroyable. I have started to look into map design for ET and I will have a look at the specs for this one!
pistolero

Post by pistolero »

Supply works perfeclty as it is now. There's less time to attack than in night edit.
You just have to defend it other way than in night version. Instead of spamming nades to truck, you must deny allies from going near truck.
This can be done by setting up artillery on certain chokepoint and having people in right spots to do some crossfire.
iikoo

Post by iikoo »

I also liked more night version. It was an old and popular map so i do not understand why it had to be removed. Supply Depot pro back :)
TheSilencerPL

Post by TheSilencerPL »

Both versions have pros and cons.
For instance I miss the window in the main building in the night version and at the same time the night version gives us (Axis) the ammo and medpacks near the spawn.
The same about the truck, on the fully populated server as we have it nowadays it was very hard for allies to move on on the night version, mainly because the truck was destroyed instantly. In the day version the truck allows allies to proceed despite heavy defense.
"The world is moving so fast these days that the man who says it can't be done is generally interrupted by someone doing it."
-- E. Hubbard
puolakanaho

Post by puolakanaho »

sound arguments.

i will drop the case....