Incompetent admins

Ideas to improve our server or the forum.
jussi
her blog

Incompetent admins

Post by jussi »

It seems that server has some incompetent admins that can't deal with one stupid team killer. Every time the guy connects and starts killing it takes 5 minutes for the admin to connect with oh-so-shiny LOOK ADMIN IS HERE text that let's the kid disconnect before getting kicked/banned. Or better, admin IS on spec with a fake-nick to fool the kid, and CHANGES name before kicking, hence triggering auto disconnect from the random kid. I believe admins should be as the name clearly says administrators hence be capable of banning people from server, even if they're not on at the very moment.

I think it should be a good enough reason to kick someone if there are 20 players on the server and each of them is asking for an admin to kick him. If there's some sort of "protocol" for kicking, please change it, it's pointless as hell in the current state. Abusers don't get kicked yet people speaking different languages such as finnish get instantly noticed. Way to spend resources.

It makes no sense one kid can keep on coming back to teamkill the team all day long and does not get kicked once even tho there are admins on the server while this is happening.

Conclusion:
You need
a) More admins
or
b) Give admins a permission to handle situations properly, without needing to record some 30-minute demo of an attention whore before taking actions.
or
c) Both

PS. the start of the post is probably more "aggressive" than it should be but after watching this sort of behaviour it might slightly piss me off. Sorry for that.

Thanks,
Zero/Jussi
gaoesa
Site Admin

Re: Incompetent admins

Post by gaoesa »

Abusers don't get kicked yet people speaking different languages such as finnish get instantly noticed. Way to spend resources.
The difference is that tk kids are very rare. So it is a question of practice. Also, it's not always the admins who print the rule line regarding the language to the chat. I'm sure if regular players had the !kick command it would happen fast as well.
a) More admins
That is true. There has been only one admin today.
b) Give admins a permission to handle situations properly, without needing to record some 30-minute demo of an attention whore before taking actions.
They have permission, just not that much practice. Furthermore, most of the time the person doing teamkilling is a beginner and in those situations admins try to instruct first. Even using private messages if they see that most appropriate.
Sorry for that.
No problem. Getting irritated is very natural and I appreciate taking the time to complain at the forum. Large majority of players don't say much or come to the forums either.
He hoped and prayed that there wasn't an afterlife. Then he realized there was a contradiction involved here and merely hoped that there wasn't an afterlife.
- Douglas Adams

silEnT development
http://mygamingtalk.com/
gR!ns

Post by gR!ns »

gaoesa wrote:I appreciate taking the time to complain at the forum. Large majority of players don't say much or come to the forums either.
I agree.
temezi

Post by temezi »

avi as an seasoned admin since 2k7 :D (behaving badly when drunk since 1999)
KurjusIse

Post by KurjusIse »

I just got kicked for teambleeding without warnings tho i didnt do anything . I think it was Kaarel. who kicked me , but im not sure . So yeah some of the admins arent doing their job well enough .
Äklööa Assä - Pissur
gaoesa
Site Admin

Post by gaoesa »

You can make complaints of individual admins at the complaint section. And they can respond there as well.
He hoped and prayed that there wasn't an afterlife. Then he realized there was a contradiction involved here and merely hoped that there wasn't an afterlife.
- Douglas Adams

silEnT development
http://mygamingtalk.com/
Kaar37

Post by Kaar37 »

Sorry for not informing you, but i just had enough of that.
KurjusIse

Post by KurjusIse »

gaoesa wrote:You can make complaints of individual admins at the complaint section. And they can respond there as well.
Yeah i know , just lef a quick message of my opinion .
Äklööa Assä - Pissur
puolakanaho

Post by puolakanaho »

Conclusion:
You need
a) More admins
or
or
c) Both
a)there are already elections up for more Admins.and atleast 2 more has qualified for the job so i think we have nice amount of admins

b)from what i recall admins aren't that much limited on their job other than do their job and make sure rules are enforced.plus i am not so sure what admin you are speaking since the way the "admin" behaved doesn't seem too familiar with me but most of our Admins in my opinion do their job well

c)look the aboves

Abusers don't get kicked yet people speaking different languages such as Finnish get instantly noticed.
it is usually the senior members(me included) who complain about the language rule(since the !English command is the only useful command we have) so i doubt you were instantly picked by an admin for speaking Finnish.unless Lara was in the room...she enforces the language rule pretty harshly
Lara C.
Site Admin

Post by Lara C. »

puolakanaho wrote:unless Lara was in the room...she enforces the language rule pretty harshly
Yeah, it is an international server. So we need a language that everyone understands, and that is english (no, it has not to be perfect, neither I do [smilie=tease.gif] ).

Not respecting our rules, including our rules for teamkilling, teambleeding, trolling etc will lead to consequences [smilie=punish.gif] [smilie=hunter.gif] , also it takes from time to time a bit longer then it should.

We do our best, promise [smilie=new_russian.gif]

Greetz
gR!ns

Post by gR!ns »

puolakanaho wrote:plus i am not so sure what admin you are speaking since the way the "admin" behaved doesn't seem too familiar with me
Admin, which Jussi means here, was me. I have already explained this to other admins. To avoid further confusion, I will answer also here, what happened or didn't happen there in my point of view.

The problem with this dude was that he always left when I came to server. I managed to trick him with a name change. He came back and started to teamkill again. At that time I did actions that we could ban him even he would left soon. After that I made mistake and blown my cover too early before I was sure how the !ban command works (havent use before). It took time and my fingers wasn't fast enough when he saw me and disconnected.

The situation was rare, at least to me, but in future I will do it better.

Like I quoted Gao earlier, its good that ppl would bring these things in here (that's why we have Complaint Section), but I would suggest to try talk with that admin at the server, if it's possible, in minor cases. I'm pretty sure you will have the answer right away. By this I don't mean that admin mistakes should be hidden, but that's what I would do first. If the answer doesn't satisfy or you think it is major fail or happens often, then I would bring it larger knowledge.

Cheers
jussi

Post by jussi »

Gaoesa replied pretty well so I think this topic can be just locked. I haven't been picked by an admin for speaking Finnish, I was talking about in general. The main point was that on a typical servers a person is called admin without actually having the permission to perform actions. I thought it was the problem here too but that wasn't true, it was just a matter of too little practise, which I understand considering there probably aren't too many trolls around usually. Atleast I haven't noticed any before.

Jussi