Banned - Why?

Not happy? Problems with someone? Complaints about kicks, bans, admin level or abusive things.
Addictthc
her blog

Banned - Why?

Post by Addictthc »

Dear Himalian community

Today I tried to connect to the server and received this message
http://imageshack.us/f/17/ban1bi.jpg/ :(
Can you please explain me, why don't you have the rule listed on the main page ?
http://imageshack.us/f/853/pic1o.png/

I have always been playing on your server and following the rules, I would never ever break a rule of any server - This is also like a motto of my clan, WE always follow the rules!
I didn't know that recruiting members was against the rules as your main page has nothing about it and there's no banner about it in game.

Your server is very good, it is close to Tallinn (good ping) and since this game ET is a very big part of my life (8 years 3+ hours a day)
...I would like to continue playing on Himalia. The server really does mean a lot to me. I love the place

So could you please remove the ban?

I seriously could not have possibly known that something like that is against the rules if it's not listed on the rules of your main page.
There will be no problems with any recruiting anymore as now I know that it's not allowed

Add|ct
Radez

Re: Banned - Why?

Post by Radez »

I dont take any sides on this one, but Add|ct is right. There is not a place that would say that recruiting is denied on the server, secondly we haven't used your server for recruiting; allways when some has been intrested about joining our clan we have told that we discuss about it somewhere else. Me and WhiteDeath have witnessed all the cases when someone has joined our clan, and none of the actual "recruiting" has not happened in your server (for example we dont advetise ourself; we dont ask ppl do they want to join) and thirdly with all respect can we see the evidence about this? Is there a clear srceenshot about Add|ct reqruiting people in to the clan? This is not my decicion to make, but for justice I raise my voice to you all Himalian comrades...

-With respect, but confused RA-deZ
Sm0k3 a f3w blunts 4nd fr4g with|THC|RA-deZ
gaoesa
Site Admin

Post by gaoesa »

Your posts are bullshit.

Formerly we allowed serverless people forming clans on the server. However, due to the events done by the THC clan, we have now issued total no recruiting rule.

The Himalia servers are not the place to collect players for creating your own server. Topic is closed. I may reopen it after I have time to read your posts more then first sentences.
He hoped and prayed that there wasn't an afterlife. Then he realized there was a contradiction involved here and merely hoped that there wasn't an afterlife.
- Douglas Adams

silEnT development
http://mygamingtalk.com/
gaoesa
Site Admin

Post by gaoesa »

Ok. For radez since, Add|ct didn't try to claim he hadn't done it. Here are snippets from the server logs.
say: |THC|Add|ct: we need you in our clan somali, you have the skill, the style, the brains
That was really not a problem before, but after the following snippet, it clearly is.
saybuddy: |THC|Add|ct: no worries soon we have our own server
saybuddy: |THC|Add|ct: and we can send them all to hell
And to answer the question about the hitboxes. The headbox is animated (i.e. ETPro hitbox code from zinx) and I think it has the same size with ETPro headbox. The body box is little taller which allows getting body hits from above shoulders around the head. It is not wide however, just tall.

Additionally, I recommend using g_dmg flag 1. This setting will reduce the damage from the far ends of the bodyboxes. Whenever people whine about not making damage or someone being invulnerable, it is caused by them hitting to the far ends of the hit regions. Not directly to the body. Also, there is distance falloff, which reduces the damage when shooting from very far away.
He hoped and prayed that there wasn't an afterlife. Then he realized there was a contradiction involved here and merely hoped that there wasn't an afterlife.
- Douglas Adams

silEnT development
WhiteDeath

Post by WhiteDeath »

Rules on the Server
No cheating!
Respect other players.
Use only english in mainchat.
Im maybe slow, but fairly in front of u ;)
WhiteDeath

Post by WhiteDeath »

gaoesa
Site Admin

Your posts are bullshit.

Is there something against us, Himalia?
Im maybe slow, but fairly in front of u ;)
gaoesa
Site Admin

Post by gaoesa »

Do you mean that he should be banned also for disrespecting or what was the point of the rules quote?

Please stay in topic. We have problems when players come to our server and abuse what we give for everyones fun for their own personal gain.

I said bullshit since both posts were merely lies.
- Douglas Adams

silEnT development
Radez

Post by Radez »

Thank you Gao about the proof [smilie=thank_you2.gif] . I remember the first sentance (I was there, but I dont think thats like serious reqcruiting if you know what I mean, and I see that you understand that.). But about the second phases, I dont think you should not take so seriously, my point is that everybody feels mad and anger and its normal and I gues thats more likely to be said in frustrated state (I have few examples, but I wont bring them to day light at the moment...). Whatsoever, I could say this is a little overreaction (Its only my opinion and I dont decide it, but thats how I feel.) to make it more clear there are atleast dozen of "random" players who break the rules clearly; no english on main chat, team hop and more and more. (The finnish proverb: "Ei pidä takertua lillukan varsiin")

But how do we solve this case; we have our differences. But I still think that we may resolve this, I believe in diplomacy you know. :)

-RA-deZ
gaoesa
Site Admin

Post by gaoesa »

The problem is that you have demonstrated attempt to use Himalia servers as a recruiting place for the intent to launch very own clan server. Using the players that come to play on our server as a breeding ground. That is crossing the line.

The logs have recently shown daily attempts to recruit players. More or less succesfull. From now on, we will not allow any recruiting. This is a pretty standard practice around servers. More visible notifications will be added.
- Douglas Adams

silEnT development
Radez

Post by Radez »

And one more thing, who was Add|ct abusing with that comment? It was just an opinion/comment, not a threat... And you banned him due those two comments?
Radez

Post by Radez »

WHAT!? If thats the case, you have totaly misunderstand us, that is not our intention, we play in ur server normally, and people want to join us we tell em that we talk about it somewhere else... If wanted to reqcruit people, we know where to do that. That time when Somali was playing and Add|ct wanted him to join, "that we need you in our clan" -talk, thats only one time and we like not are planning to use your server as breeding ground...

That when you connect those phrases together, sounds a little bit to paranoid, atleast if you meant that Add|ctsaid those lines together, no no no... I dont even remember that other line, like I said.
gaoesa
Site Admin

Post by gaoesa »

The second quote was part of a fireteam conversation. It is much longer, but I don't think it is necessary to subject it to the public. Actually, many clans have done that sort of things in the past.
we play in ur server normally, and people want to join us we tell em that we talk about it somewhere else...
This was ok by me. When we thought it was more about being a rating clan or making a scrim team. The information of the plan to launch normal public server (even with using the silEnT as the mod) changes things, however.
- Douglas Adams

silEnT development
Radez

Post by Radez »

Good thing or a bad thing? I mean its none of your business if we lauch a sever, secondly like I said it may times we are not using you as recquirt station, so why keep Add|ct banned, so is there a problem?
gaoesa
Site Admin

Post by gaoesa »

It indeed is our business when you attempt to launch your own server by recruiting players who come to play on Himalia server. That is abusing our efforts on our server. There is nothing more to discuss. Good luck with the server then.
- Douglas Adams

silEnT development