Troubles with the Internet

You're going to be offline for a while. You would like to introduce yourself. Please post anything you would like to share about yourself in here.
gaoesa
Site Admin
her blog

Troubles with the Internet

Post by gaoesa »

Because I made the mistake of making a contract with dna about mobile net, I'm now in deep trouble with my internet and I'm not sure when I will have stable internet connection. It seems that their products are not required to work in populated areas, my Internet is on/off quite irregularly.

I will try to get rid of the dna now and change to some other provider that offers internet connection that is both stable enough, connected all the time and also cheaper. I'm amazed about dna. I knew they arent the first rate company from previous experiences but this must be just a bottom line of any company that sells in public. The worst part is, they are billing me full price all the time. I was already completely cut off last summer for 4 weeks by their product after just 1,5 months from signing the contract. Luckily I have other Internet connections too :P

See you again. I have my ways to get to the net but playing is impossible since the "dna mokkula" is unable to maintain even as small as 30 kbits/s network connection.

Hoping to get this post done before I lose the connection completely again :P
He hoped and prayed that there wasn't an afterlife. Then he realized there was a contradiction involved here and merely hoped that there wasn't an afterlife.
- Douglas Adams

silEnT development
http://mygamingtalk.com/
TheSilencerPL

Re: Troubles with the Internet

Post by TheSilencerPL »

I wish you luck with finding new ISP. Let's hope you will be available online soon :)
BTW, do you remember my problems with connection some time ago? I thought it was my router (I even wanted to do warranty exchange) but then I discovered that my ISP changed silently the rules for router owners and from some time ago they started to require the routers to have the DNS name. So I am off with my problem now.
So I wish you the same :) Get rid of the internet connection problem and get back online. What would our life be without the alternative online one? :P CU soon online.
"The world is moving so fast these days that the man who says it can't be done is generally interrupted by someone doing it."
-- E. Hubbard
gaoesa
Site Admin

Post by gaoesa »

Little update about this.

I have made a request to cancel the contract with dna using the instruction given by their customer service. They have not responded to me at all. Apparently they know their business does not meet all the legal standards in Finland and are unwilling to work with it.

Little data about the device used. The USB modem used was the Nokia CS-15 model. Overall, very weak device. The user interface is far from the userinterface provided by the competitor product from HUAWEI. The device has been repaired 2 times in last 6 months. Two representatives of dna (from different towns) reported that the device has had more then a reasonable amount of malfunctions and warranty repairs. This device is something to avoid.

The initially wrong and ilegally set price in contract was fixed with the customer service and they are compensating it in my other bills from dna. In fact, the customer service is the only part of the product that has worked well. Even better then what I could have expected.

I tested the similar product from the competitor too (Saunalahti). Initially it seemed it works good. However, after little time, it showed up that it has similar problems with working on densly populated areas. It was not keeping the connection up. The product worked better, but still was far from the advertised.

In total. The products advertised do not meet the standards of the broadband technology nor they fullfill the contracts they are sold with. By not fulfilling I do not mean not working 100 percent of the time but rather working less then 40 percent of the time, in the advertised and binding levels mentioned with the contracts.

This is probably due to the fact the technology is still too young for serious use. I could think it works well for user who uses the products only to randomly browse internet. For gamers, requiring very low but stable bandwidth, I can not recommend the products at all. They work good in very low population areas, but as soon as there are other peoples around, they start failing.

Furthermore, beware of the business model dna uses. Trapping customers with contracts dna does not care to keep but still having some other "division" sending bills is rather bad.
He hoped and prayed that there wasn't an afterlife. Then he realized there was a contradiction involved here and merely hoped that there wasn't an afterlife.
- Douglas Adams

silEnT development
gaoesa
Site Admin

Post by gaoesa »

An interesting screenshot that shows some data transfers with USB netstick modems. At least the Nokia CS-15 model that I have.
dna_quality.jpg
dna_quality.jpg (53.96 KiB) Viewed 6648 times
Notice how much more data the netstick is moving in comparison to what the system is actually receiving. The traffic is multiple times higher then the real data. Also note that when these events occur, the Internet is totally jammed. In the browser and of course in the game too.
- Douglas Adams

silEnT development
puolakanaho

Post by puolakanaho »

some people dont understand finnish here so it might be difficult for them to see it D:

i understand finnish clearly and i belive im pretty good at speaking finnish but i still dont understand it >:(

oh wait i do see it D:

that doesnt look so bad?
gaoesa
Site Admin

Post by gaoesa »

The difference is: 86.52 kbits/s in to the Hole Windows, the networks stick claims it is receiveing 260,5 kbits/s. That is bad. After a while, the device locks or chokes and the only thing that fixes the problem is a complete reboot of Windows.
- Douglas Adams

silEnT development
puolakanaho

Post by puolakanaho »

oh....well that does sound bad D:

you better get something else then...