Hello to everybody!

You're going to be offline for a while. You would like to introduce yourself. Please post anything you would like to share about yourself in here.
Random
her blog

Hello to everybody!

Post by Random »

Hello!
Just wanted to say Hi to all himalians. It feels like nice and small community.

And ask couple of questions...
- What is a hero award?
-Is there any other awards?
- Can i somehow make ET swap to desktop when i press Alt+Tab? (I have to exit from game if i want to adjust my winamps volume [smilie=dash2.gif] )

I'm pretty experienced fps-player and just finded this game about 3-4 months ago. It took like 2 hours of gameplay and i was sold to ET (especially Himalian servers). I just luuuv all team/stragedy games. Best unit is definitly engineer. It's like click, clicketi click, headshots all the time!

Yea, see you himalians, going to frag few headshots now. :D
gaoesa
Site Admin

Re: Hello to everybody!

Post by gaoesa »

You get awarded as hero if you join the team that is less likely to win. It is calculated when you join the team. No other awards except the endgame awards.

You may want to take a look at this. http://equalone.freeunix.net/index.php?index=1 It is ET Minimizor and can easily minimize and maximize the game when playing.
He hoped and prayed that there wasn't an afterlife. Then he realized there was a contradiction involved here and merely hoped that there wasn't an afterlife.
- Douglas Adams

silEnT development
http://mygamingtalk.com/
Random

Post by Random »

Hmm, it won't work on win7. Even with compability mode (xpsp3). It just starts and nothing happens. Anyone else got problems with that minimizer?
The kamu

Post by The kamu »

I use Minimizor for ET and other games which behave like that. Only downside of this program, it won't reset your gamma setttings when you minimize your game so it might be a bit too bright [smilie=dirol.gif]
But you can still manually reset your gamma back to normal in minimizor setttings.
On the other hand, this program works just fine. It also works with other games and programs. Not just in ET.
This also runs fine on win 7.
gaoesa
Site Admin

Post by gaoesa »

The one The Kamu posted is actually the one I'm using.

EDIT:
PS. It gets confused with Firefox sometimes.
He hoped and prayed that there wasn't an afterlife. Then he realized there was a contradiction involved here and merely hoped that there wasn't an afterlife.
- Douglas Adams

silEnT development
Random

Post by Random »

I got that Gao's linked minimizer working after i googled older version. 0.18 or something. No probs with that (with xpsp3 and admin permission).

I really don't get why game developers want to make games with no minimazing...
A_Tosa_Inu

Post by A_Tosa_Inu »

You can minimize the game with: Alt + Enter
Ch!ca

Post by Ch!ca »

A_Tosa_Inu wrote:You can minimize the game with: Alt + Enter
What ever he said ;)
If you run ET in small Screen (Alt + Enter) it shall be no problem to swap windows using Alt + Tab
OR IF [smilie=pleasantry.gif]
On small Screen (previously used Alt + Enter) you can easily use Windows button to "deselect" ET Screen and to select any running progress from taskbar or Start menu or anything else.
I'm all time using it, couldnt play without [smilie=whistle.gif]
Life is tough, and if you have the ability to laugh at it you have the ability to enjoy it. Salma Hayek
gaoesa
Site Admin

Post by gaoesa »

I used to use Alt+Enter but it caused random Unknown Windows API function kicks from the PunkBuster. With Vista.
- Douglas Adams

silEnT development