Hola :)

You're going to be offline for a while. You would like to introduce yourself. Please post anything you would like to share about yourself in here.
Stune
her blog

Hola :)

Post by Stune »

So.. i have been playing on himalia server for a while now. i used to play under nick Urbanclown and Ma0, so some of u might remember me with those nick. i think i used Urbanclown here a lot.
I started playing et 04 i think. have had brakes some longer (over a year ) and some just over a month or 2. for some reason i end up coming back to this game eaven i play bf3 and some other newer games allso :)
first time i connected himalia mostly cose it was serevr from finland and it was nicely populated. community seems nice eaven tho there is allways bad apples in every servers. I like to play on ur server since it runs smooth and some nice ppl here. im 26 and have kid on my own so sometimes i just get frustrated when some kids are messing all over the server ( tk, trash talk, and tk again..) and there is no admins around to handle that. Allso i have realised that 1 top command to use in ur server is /cg_novoicechats 1 :) some kids like to spam those voicecommads and its killing the fun when u cant hear anything else than random spams.

I have been in clan Qubenet years now and some ppl here have noticed that when we come to play on server, we like to play as team. Specially when i play with Hessu and Niko. Its mainly cose i like to play obj. and play it organized so we are allways on ts together and play preatty well as team. might be cose for exampl i have known niko like 14 years now. and we started lpaying together 8 years back. imo most times ppl looks too much about k/d rate and forget that if u play as organized team, u acn beat a much more better aiming players. since most of times they are playing rambo :)

I think ur server is nice place to play but last days i have noticed that u have allerady 2 stars in every classes when u join on server.. imo it was better when it was 0xp and no stars, since that way u had to work ur way to get faster reload etc :) anyway. tought i would send something here since i have been playing here for some time now and filed my forst complain about that belgian kid that was ruining server for all players.

Stune|Qubenet
gaoesa
Site Admin

Re: Hola :)

Post by gaoesa »

Welcome and thanks for your words of the server.

You might be interested to know that there is also cg_novoicechats 2 option in silEnT. This option disables only the global chat voices. All the entertainment sounds are global chats.

About the default levels. I'm glad this came up though there is another topic for it in the news section. I'll explain a little the reasons behind this change.As the server had long and non original 6 maps XP save, it often felt it was unfair for the new comers in many respects. Not only the fast reload and smaller spread, but faster movement, more class level skills to do objectives etc. This in my opinion resulted that all new players had to harvest some amount of skill points from less important objectives before being fully effective. With medic, engineer and fops starting from 2 stars, the players are now free to concentrate on the actual game instead. And even switch classes they don't often play to achieve something in the map. The attempt is to bring the benefits of the persistent XP save without the spam factors, such as the long air and artillery supports everywhere in the map. The decision of having 3 stars in light weapons is for the equality in the firefights. Both parties have the same spread and fast reload. Extra clip is also often welcomed by the players. It is true that it loses some of the original charm, however, without the original 3 maps XP save and players playing through these campaigns like in the old days, this is in my opinion a good choice to the spamming persistent XP save or to the 6 maps XP save.

What comes to the game being hard without default levels, in my opinion the hardness comes from the opponents rather then from the work to do to get the tools to match the opponents tools. With 3 maps XP save the game span could be short enough so that this meta game would be nice, but that is sadly not the case so often with 6 maps. We tried 3 maps for a while aswell, but players really preferred the 6 maps so that they could get the time to unlock everything.

I think you are absolutely correct about the KR versus team work with little less aiming abilities. Though of course, the KR of the players who work as a team rises a little higher just because of their ability to engage enemy smarter. Nevertheless, there are no means to measure the effectiveness of team play and even with it's faults, the KR is the most effective way currently in hand to estimate the potential of the team. On top of the high KR, the better teamplay ability can be brutal to the other team. In the end, every case should be considered separately and only use the KR differences as a hint about the teams. And also note that if the difference is really major when the server is filled with old players, then it does mean that the teams are badly unbalanced.
He hoped and prayed that there wasn't an afterlife. Then he realized there was a contradiction involved here and merely hoped that there wasn't an afterlife.
- Douglas Adams

silEnT development
http://mygamingtalk.com/
thesituation

Post by thesituation »

Welcome :D
gR!ns

Post by gR!ns »

Hola señor Stune!

It's always nice to meet good, object oriented player on the same server. I don't recognize those other nicknames, but I haven't been playing here very long time. I admit that I'm also guilty of using those vchat functions too much sometimes and I know it's annoying when you would like to focus on your gaming seriously.

I apologize! :)

Luckily there is that function to turn it off. I have used it myself too.

I agree that team working is a key to good gaming in game like this and with tactics you can beat even better team. Cause this is public server and there is players with wide range of skills and intrests, it won't happen so often. I think you know that already.

Like I said it's nice to see you around playing and I hope we meet at server sometimes!

Seey there! [smilie=victory.gif]