Salmiakki

You're going to be offline for a while. You would like to introduce yourself. Please post anything you would like to share about yourself in here.
Salmiakki
her blog

Salmiakki

Post by Salmiakki »

Hi,

Since I spent a few hours here, and will likely spend a few more, I might as well introduce myself... I found himalia completely by accident - I used to play ET quite a bit several years ago (wasn't too good at it even then, and then I got older ;), wanted to hook up with some buddies from my old clan and clicked the first server on the list when I (re)installed ET, which happened to be this one. Turned out there is an active crowd here, and there's nothing but bots where I used to hang out. The rest is, as they say, history. I'll readily admit not to be the sharpest shooter, very probably be the oldest fart around, but that doesn't bother me much, for me ET is primarily about teamplay/obj and fun (you can check back, I never do !stats :) ). Note that my Finnish is somewhere between nonexistent and ridiculous (I'm an expat on an assignment here preparing for a long tough Finnish winter), so don't get surprised if I say something silly or just respond in English. Game on!
puolakanaho

Re: Salmiakki

Post by puolakanaho »

we speak english on the server mostly anyway so dont worry about finnish language.and i know that it can be quite the pain in the ass.even i cant speak it correctly...
free.

Post by free. »

hello salmiakki [smilie=victory.gif]
as there are also some non-fins (like me) i dont care of your finnish :D.. and: i think im older fart than u!
Salmiakki

Post by Salmiakki »

Heh, I already had some grey hair when ET came out ;)
TheSilencerPL

Post by TheSilencerPL »

Have you considered changing your game name to "grandpa"? [smilie=laugh3.gif]
That would finish the struggle who is the oldest on the server ;)
"The world is moving so fast these days that the man who says it can't be done is generally interrupted by someone doing it."
-- E. Hubbard
free.

Post by free. »

ok grandpa would do the job, i'm not even 'pa but i'm trying hard - every night :D
gR!ns

Post by gR!ns »

Whats with the age thing in this game? Do we need the oldest ETplayer award? Go to battlefield and catch eachother if your legs still can carry you :D
free.

Post by free. »

age is definately a subject here and ingame also, just ask proud chicken [smilie=crazy.gif]
puolakanaho

Post by puolakanaho »

bah in my days we played ww2 in 3d...outside...WITH REAL GUNS

yeah there were no revives back then....
free.

Post by free. »

i also think the HP were dramatuically lesser :(
puolakanaho

Post by puolakanaho »

yeah i hated the one shot kill system....but it was still more intresting than the later patches....
free.

Post by free. »

oh no, one shot kill system? my grampa got 3 bullets from british marines during a single boatfight in the north sea.. and got wounded later on, so there are at least exceptions..
i just think of the headshot-instagib (love that unreal-mod [smilie=yahoo.gif] ) system that was installed on that server these days...
puolakanaho

Post by puolakanaho »

free. wrote:oh no, one shot kill system? my grampa got 3 bullets from british marines during a single boatfight in the north sea.. and got wounded later on, so there are at least exceptions..
i just think of the headshot-instagib (love that unreal-mod [smilie=yahoo.gif] ) system that was installed on that server these days...

my grampa stole a bicycle from german military.

and his brother fought the entire war without getting a scratch and then after the war he got drunk fell of a truck and broke his neck...

true stories btw
free.

Post by free. »

puolakanaho wrote: my grampa stole a bicycle from german military.

true stories btw

ur grampa would become a real big internet-star if he would return that bike to the german state just parking it before the reichstag in berlin and wearing an old finish flag and his uniform. just film that action in HD and upload it to youtube and twitter with some nasty ET-background musec :D

wouldn't it be a real project? [smilie=vinsent.gif]

ur grampuncle: its a real shame [smilie=dash2.gif]
puolakanaho

Post by puolakanaho »

free. wrote:
puolakanaho wrote: my grampa stole a bicycle from german military.

true stories btw

ur grampa would become a real big internet-star if he would return that bike to the german state just parking it before the reichstag in berlin and wearing an old finish flag and his uniform. just film that action in HD and upload it to youtube and twitter with some nasty ET-background musec :D

wouldn't it be a real project? [smilie=vinsent.gif]

ur grampuncle: its a real shame [smilie=dash2.gif]

he got caught actually

the nazi soldier who caught him beatted his ass and sent him home.later on he and his friends found guns and grenades left behind by the german troops but they were confiscated by a local drunk :(

and he never fought in the war he was too young back then