Class & Spawnpoint switcher for silEnt mod & Himalia maps

Information for Enemy Territory players.
gR!ns
her blog

Class & Spawnpoint switcher for silEnt mod & Himalia maps

Post by gR!ns »

Hello!

I did small project for fun and I thought that if somebody would see these scripts useful, I share them with you. I found that silEnT mod has build-in features to automatic load cfgs for maps and teams (and also classes) and this put me wonder if this old spawnpoint and class switcher scripts, which can be found from other sites, would be work bit more comfortably with these autoexec files.

There is one file for every map (autoexec_<mapname>.cfg) what we have in the Himalia server map pool atm and contains spawnpoints for both sides. I put "switch loader" (bind z for switch SPs) in autoexec file for teams (autoexec_allies.cfg, autoexec_axis.cfg) so it loads correct spawnpoints when switching team. In autoexec_spectator.cfg the key (z) is unbinded for just in case :)

class.cfg contains all possible class/weapon combinations what we use here and every class has own button (bind n m , .). I have disabled soldier class cos I don't need it, but if you want to use it just take those double lines away front of the bind and set lines and give some letter to that soldier bind.

autoexec.cfg loads class.cfg.

If you use some of these files already, don't overwrite that old one but just copy the lines in your old one.
Copy those files in your ET game directory and in the same folders where they are in the zip package (etmain,silent). If you find some bug from the scripts, please inform me. Lot of lines written and even I tried to test all the map cfgs in game, some bugs may have been left unnoticed :)
CSnSPS.zip
(13.03 KiB) Downloaded 932 times
Any questions, just ask!

Cheers
free.

Re: Class & Spawnpoint switcher for silEnt mod & Himalia map

Post by free. »

wow many thanks!
i'd love to fast-select an engie with rifle out from medic class and go back then :D
Gaunt

Post by Gaunt »

Nice, was searching for a Silent class selector, for the spawn one I'm getting used to a default one. Thank you!
I'm an engineer...
gR!ns

Post by gR!ns »

Notice that class selector is made for Himalia server cfgs. Other servers might not have all the same weapons unlocked what we have here. For example if PPsh or alternative guns for medics/field ops are not enabled, it gives other weapon instead. Also in some servers can be same map what we have here, but different version, so spawnpoints can be configured different in other map versions.
Otherwise these should work in other servers aswell.

I saw that this has been loaded quite some times, so I add a fix for spawnpoints in this post.

Includes:

-Fix for supply. Allies didn't have command post option.
-Added new map cfgs for C2 Missile and Beerrun b7a
mapfix001_2.zip
(1.6 KiB) Downloaded 896 times
EDIT: Fixed beerrun cfg name to zip file.
gR!ns

Post by gR!ns »

When try to fix something can also broke things :)

Fix includes:

- Fix for Supply. Axis spawnpoint cycle bug.
- Fix for Venice. Allies Outpost spawnpoint didn't work in cycle.
mapfix002.zip
(1.15 KiB) Downloaded 870 times
gR!ns

Post by gR!ns »

Update

Fixes:

Fix in C2 Missile(b3):
- Mistype "Forward Bunker bunker"
- Shaped text in the script

New cfgs:
- Erdenberg (b3)
mapfix003.zip
(1.24 KiB) Downloaded 826 times
Cheers
TheSilencerPL

Post by TheSilencerPL »

Could you post the whole package with each fix already inside? Then someone who is downloading it for the 1st time (like me), wouldn't have to download all the files posted here.
"The world is moving so fast these days that the man who says it can't be done is generally interrupted by someone doing it."
-- E. Hubbard
TheSilencerPL

Post by TheSilencerPL »

Besides there is a bug in the class.cfg file.

At the end, there is
set classrecy
which causes an execution error.
"The world is moving so fast these days that the man who says it can't be done is generally interrupted by someone doing it."
-- E. Hubbard
gR!ns

Post by gR!ns »

I'll post whole package tomorrow
gR!ns

Post by gR!ns »

Here it comes! :)

The bug what Sil mentioned concerned every cfg in previous files, so more likely it's good to post whole package again, fixed. Although those previous files worked fine, they just generated error output to console cos of this "set" line at the bottom of all scripts.

This package contains autoexec.cfg which execute class switcher (class.cfg) and spawnpoint swither, which works with autoexec_<filename>.cfg files. This time README.txt included also :)

There are spawnpoints for all maps what we have in our map pool at the moment (excluded maps where are only one spawnpoint) and also for some other popular maps.
ET_Pack_by_gR!ns.zip
(21.14 KiB) Downloaded 809 times
Cheers
free.

Post by free. »

merci :-)
just void in here, it needs colder weather outside, the autumn is coming! the server will be pop again.
gR!ns

Post by gR!ns »

Newest version of spawnpoint switcher and class selector.

Changelog:

- New format for both. Clearer and easier to modify if needed.
- Added template cfgs for creating new spawnpoint cfgs.
- Fixed the issue when there are no spawnpoints for map or when specing. Now it informs if there are no script or you're on spec.
- Added complete maplist which spawnpoints are included.

Added spawnpoints for new maps:

Ambition3
Axislab Final
ET Village
Frost Final
Negoshk B2
Oasis Winter
Stalingrad
Supply Winter Edition
Townsquare
grins_spwpt_and_class_sw_v0-31.zip
(30.01 KiB) Downloaded 776 times
EDIT: Includes also spawnpoints for MLB Daybreak. Oops, I made mistake with Apennines script name. Fixed and new package, sry :)

Cheers
gR!ns

Post by gR!ns »

One thing which started to annoy me was that my et-folders have start to fill with a lot of different files and these autoexec files doesn't help with that. So I tried that if I make those files hidden, I could find more important files from the folder much easier. Now I do and those files still works in game, so if someone have this "issue" also, this trick will help with that :)

Cheers
TheSilencerPL

Post by TheSilencerPL »

For me it wouldn't help probably as in linux the hidden file is with the dot at front: ".hiddenfile" and even if that worked it still wouldn't help me much, as I always have showing of the hidden files turned on :)
-- E. Hubbard