Discussions of games that are not Enemy Territory
gaoesa
Site Admin
her blog

Dirty Bomb from SplashDamage

Post by gaoesa »

The next PC game from SplashDamage.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVN9r-RRJ5M

It is free to play, but you can purchase different packs and stuff from www.dirtybombgame.com. And you can have possibility to attend to alpha/beta tests.
He hoped and prayed that there wasn't an afterlife. Then he realized there was a contradiction involved here and merely hoped that there wasn't an afterlife.
- Douglas Adams

silEnT development
http://mygamingtalk.com/
Honey

Re: Dirty Bomb from SplashDamage

Post by Honey »

Nice, looks good! I joined to the Founder's club as Veteran.
puolakanaho

Post by puolakanaho »

looks generic.

did they add anything new outside of graphics, guns, and slightly different gameplay? [smilie=no2.gif]
pistolero

Post by pistolero »

Looks like shit to me. To my eyes like this game is trying to appeal everyone but fails to do that miserably.
And what's with these "eyecandy(cancer)" filters that make enemies so hard to spot that you have to highlight them with red signs?

Also, Splashdamage hasn't done a single good game by theirselves. ET originally was a pile of shit (like a retarted brother of RTCW) before people modded it into playable state, same for ETQW.
Brink was released as buggy as hell but they didn't even give out sourcecode out this time so people couldn't even fix it.

No big hopes from me.
gaoesa
Site Admin

Post by gaoesa »

filters that make enemies so hard to spot that you have to highlight them with red signs?
I have to agree that I also don't like it when the enemies need these types of signs. Makes everything little slower and more confusing if you need to check the player team from that. However, I agree on that Brink had some real problems. Which is why I didn't purchase it. Nevertheless, when comparing Brink free to play weekend with MW3 free to play weekend. Brink was lot better in the game play. Things that annoyed me in Brink are that first I didn't know I was starting a server on my personal computer whenever I was playing. I don't like people connecting to my laptop to play. There must always be certain level of intuitivity which failed miserably in this case. Another big thing that annoyed was the lack of the command map. I was just put into the world and expected to know where to run. Of course, as soon as I lost the sight of the teammates, I was lost. Eventhough, the Brink maps were said to be really small and easy, it bothered me.

MW3 was just a crap experience with hardly responsive controls. Though in that game I had a lot better sense of where to go.

I don't see how you think it tries to appeal to everyone. To me it looks like it is going largely with ET gameplay. Mixed with ironsights from QuakeWars. Also, if the game is not in a playable state, I hardly think many people bother doing anything with mods for it. So that is not accurately correct. Though, certainly some mods were important for both of the games. And I have read elsewhere too that ET:QW was released buggy, and that it took late patches to get it fixed.
He hoped and prayed that there wasn't an afterlife. Then he realized there was a contradiction involved here and merely hoped that there wasn't an afterlife.
- Douglas Adams

silEnT development
puolakanaho

Post by puolakanaho »

gaoesa wrote:

I don't see how you think it tries to appeal to everyone. To me it looks like it is going largely with ET gameplay. Mixed with ironsights from QuakeWars. Also, if the game is not in a playable state, I hardly think many people bother doing anything with mods for it. So that is not accurately correct. Though, certainly some mods were important for both of the games. And I have read elsewhere too that ET:QW was released buggy, and that it took late patches to get it fixed.

i think the main proplem with this game is that it looks EXACTLY like et except they just added the generic gameplay style that every other shooter has.
Honey

Post by Honey »

Lots of new game play videos and other stuff released for the inner circle. Still looks promising! Future alternative for ET.
gaoesa
Site Admin

Post by gaoesa »

You're saying that you are in the Inner Circle?
- Douglas Adams

silEnT development
free.

Post by free. »

where's that inner circle?
or do you mean this:

Honey

Post by Honey »

free. wrote:where's that inner circle?