gR!ns
her blog

Nokia phone business has sold to Microsoft

Post by gR!ns »

gaoesa
Site Admin

Re: Nokia phone business has sold to Microsoft

Post by gaoesa »

Maybe add links to news articles also and not only thread heading with one sentence in the post.
He hoped and prayed that there wasn't an afterlife. Then he realized there was a contradiction involved here and merely hoped that there wasn't an afterlife.
- Douglas Adams

silEnT development
http://mygamingtalk.com/
gR!ns

Post by gR!ns »

TheSilencerPL

Post by TheSilencerPL »

"The world is moving so fast these days that the man who says it can't be done is generally interrupted by someone doing it."
-- E. Hubbard
gaoesa
Site Admin

Post by gaoesa »

Fixed the topic post for you.

On the topic, maybe this was the only way to get rid of failed phones and Elop. I never really understood why they decided that they will never be doing anything but Windows phones anymore, in the beginning. Year before they had even one phone to show to anyone. Who knows. Cash flow will indeed be on a better basis without constantly feeding money to the phones, but what will they actually start doing now.
He hoped and prayed that there wasn't an afterlife. Then he realized there was a contradiction involved here and merely hoped that there wasn't an afterlife.
- Douglas Adams

silEnT development
gR!ns

Post by gR!ns »

For me this was a bit shock, even not surprise on this situation. Still, I have born at start of that era when Nokia started to manufacture mobile phones and for me it's been always company which makes mobile phones.

Well they have still NSN (network solutions), HERE (navigation) and huge case of patents. So it's not end of Nokia yet, but hopefully they won't screw those areas. And it's not impossible idea that they would start to do mobile devices again, some day, from the clean start and without the pressure to do so. As Apple did few years ago.

And it's not a new thing in business world, that some corporation leave some field/product and start to do something else. This can also be good thing and can open new possibilities without extra payload.

Time will tell.
Gaunt

Post by Gaunt »

gR!ns wrote:And it's not a new thing in business world, that some corporation leave some field/product and start to do something else. This can also be good thing and can open new possibilities without extra payload.
Until Apple decides that is time for a "new" invention...
I'm an engineer...
gaoesa
Site Admin

Post by gaoesa »

At least there is still Jolla. Using Linux based Sailfish, formerly Meego I think. Not released yet and the press show some time ago didn't work out too good. I remember it had some usability bugs. I just hope they will do it better then Nokia with great interest put into quality. Easy way to report the bugs/get support and easy to use developer tools.
- Douglas Adams

silEnT development