Some setting updates

Latest news from the server.
gaoesa
Site Admin
her blog

Some setting updates

Post by gaoesa »

I have made few changes to the server settings. Here is a list of them.

* PBBans recommended m_pitch restriction. From now on, the m_pitch will need to be outside of -0.011 and 0.011.
* The pmove_fixed 1 is enabled again. Actually it has been enabled for some time. This was forced to 0 because in the previous nitmod revisions, this setting was so bugged that it even caused rifle grenades to be loaded several times. This bug is fixed with nitmod 1.6 and thus, the setting is allowed again.
* g_realHead is now 1. The setting was 0 because of the whining people made not getting hs.
* g_realBody is now 1. The setting was 0 because of the whining people made not getting hits.

However, I have just played against bots with these new settings and I think at least for the "not really hard to hit targets", these new settings increase the amount of headshots slightly. Also, it makes the shooting feel better when you don't get hits from all around the targets but by aiming to them (in my opinion).

Let's see how these work out.
He hoped and prayed that there wasn't an afterlife. Then he realized there was a contradiction involved here and merely hoped that there wasn't an afterlife.
- Douglas Adams

silEnT development
http://mygamingtalk.com/