silEnT 0.6.0

Latest news from the server.
gaoesa
Site Admin
her blog

silEnT 0.6.0

Post by gaoesa »

The server is now running the latest version, still in testing of silEnT.

The changelog includes the following:
* Added: New dialog window under silEnT menu for screen resolutions. This dialog has autodetected possible resolution and includes widescreen resolutions.
* Added: ETPro compatible access to sess.aWeaponStats (a GET by weapon index returns a 5-element table of numbers), from pheno of ETPub.
* Added: Optional aliases database. New commands !aliases, !aliasesdel, !aliassearch and !userinfo now has an option to show the stored aliases. New server cvar g_dbMaxAliases.
* Added: Mute information is displayed in with the !finger command. This includes time left, mute reason and who muted.
* Added: Players can freely choose the type of hit sounds they prefer. This is controlled with cg_hitSoundType cvar. Related to this, server admins can configure the type of hit sounds the players default if they do not specifically select any type. By defult, the cg_hitSoundType is 0, which means server configured hit sounds and allowing custom hit sounds in custom pk3 files. Read documentation about g_hitsounds, g_defaultHitSounds and cg_hitSoundType. There is also an additional paragraph about adding custom hit sounds.
* Added: g_misc flag 256. Setting this flag disables the "First Blood" announcement.
* Added: g_logOptions flag 1024. This flag allows logging every player drop. It can be usefull for inspecting the server operation, but it will also cause lot of needless log writes.
* Added: g_realPlayTime cvar. Used to show additional real play time of the payer (without spec time) in the debriefing screen.
* Added: Flag 8 to g_playerCounting. Bots are not included into the player count.
* Added: Cvar based enabling of both Thompson and MP40 to the limbo menu selection regardless of the team (g_classWeapons, flag 8)
* Added: cg_effectDistance client cvar which can be used to control the maximum distance to draw the bullet effects.
* Reworked: Class skills can be freely enabled/disabled in any order using 0 and -1 in the skill_(x) server cvars.
* Reworked: The !finger command now shows the client operating system, again. This information was removed in the 0.5.2 because of unreliability in the full string.
* Reworked: PPSh first person view model.
* Reworked: The commands !gib, !lol, !pip and !pop no longer do it to everyone if target is not specified.
* Fixed: Statistics bug with satchel charge.
* Fixed: Shrubbot commands !useredit and !usereditpb didn't allow editing players with level higher then 32 when attempted with rcon.
* Fixed: A bug in the player name cleaning allowed empty names using spaces.
* Fixed: Player name doesn't change anymore everytime the name edit field loses focus. OK button must be clicked for the changes to take effect.
* Fixed: Persistent SMG kills and deaths were getting lost if the player reconnected during the map.
* Fixed: Dropping the helmet multiple times when repeated hits to the head. With antilag enabled.
* Fixed: g_inactivityOptions flag 4 was not moving players to spectator. Fix from pheno of ETPub.
* Fixed: Lagometer transparency (couldn't change lagometer transparency)
* Fixed: Fireteam window transparency (improper drawing)
* Fixed: Fireteam member information going over the window edge when latching to another class.
* Fixed: g_noSkillUpgrades now locks the skills to the enabled ones, instead of changing every skill to 0.
* Fixed: !readadmins command did not add admins correctly into the database. Versions affected on various levels from 0.5.0 to 0.5.2.
* Fixed: Client inactivity timer ETPro compatible. Fix from pheno of ETPub.
* Fixed: animation timing bug mainly for weapalts (switch to/from)
* Fixed: reverted back (removed) fix for thrown knife dodging introduced in 0.5.2 version.

Please report every bug you find, even the small ones.

Also, I have a question. Now that in this version it is possible to disable the Thompson+MP40 selection from the limbo menus, which way do you prefer it on the server?
He hoped and prayed that there wasn't an afterlife. Then he realized there was a contradiction involved here and merely hoped that there wasn't an afterlife.
- Douglas Adams

silEnT development
http://mygamingtalk.com/
puolakanaho

Re: silEnT 0.6.0

Post by puolakanaho »

i think choosing between mp40 and thompson should stay as it makes the game more tactical with the weapon choicing and they seem to handle differently as well...
gR!ns

Post by gR!ns »

I think it should stay like it is now. Mostly because this placebo effect that those guns are different kind otherwise than only by sound. No complaints 'bout that ppl can't play other side because they can't have mp40/thomp :)
gaoesa
Site Admin

Post by gaoesa »

If you are a Linux user and have a problem connecting, please post your reply with details of the used distribution.
He hoped and prayed that there wasn't an afterlife. Then he realized there was a contradiction involved here and merely hoped that there wasn't an afterlife.
- Douglas Adams

silEnT development
Honey

Post by Honey »

My setup crashes when trying to connect. I can load new silEnT mod version 0.6.0 from menu without problems, but when I'm trying to /connect http://www.himalia.fi, it crashes.

I tried to remove everything under ET's silent folder and also removed profiles under etmain, but it didn't make any difference.

I'm using et-sdl-sound script to enable sounds in ET on Linux.

Code: Select all

uname -a
Linux -pc 2.6.35-32-generic #65-Ubuntu SMP Tue Jan 24 13:47:56 UTC 2012 x86_64 GNU/Linux

cat /etc/issue
Linux Mint 10 Julia

cat /proc/version
Linux version 2.6.35-32-generic (buildd@allspice) (gcc version 4.4.5 (Ubuntu/Linaro 4.4.4-14ubuntu5) ) #65-Ubuntu SMP Tue Jan 24 13:47:56 UTC 2012
There is also some errors in log:

----- finished R_Init -----
copy /home/asdf/et/etmain/ui.mp.i386.so to /home/asdf/.etwolf/silent/ui.mp.i386.so
Sys_LoadDll(/home/asdf/.etwolf/silent/ui.mp.i386.so)... 
Sys_LoadDll(/home/asdf/.etwolf/silent/ui.mp.i386.so) failed:
"/home/asdf/.etwolf/silent/ui.mp.i386.so: undefined symbol: XF86VidModeQueryVersion"
Sys_LoadDll(/home/asdf/et/silent/ui.mp.i386.so)... 
Sys_LoadDll(/home/asdf/et/silent/ui.mp.i386.so) failed:
"/home/asdf/et/silent/ui.mp.i386.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory"
Sys_LoadDll(ui) failed dlopen() completely!
----- FS_Startup -----

... and

-----------------------
----- CL_Shutdown -----
-----------------------
Sys_Error: VM_Create on UI failed
Shutdown tty console
./et-sdl-sound: line 1588: 32077 Floating point exception
Salmiakki

Post by Salmiakki »

I have the exact same problem/symptoms as Honey (only diff being I'm on Ubuntu 12.04.01, not Mint)
gaoesa
Site Admin

Post by gaoesa »

Thanks. We will try to resolve the issue and update as soon as possible. If more players have problems, keep on posting, it is always better to have more information then less.
- Douglas Adams

silEnT development
TheSilencerPL

Post by TheSilencerPL »

Can one of you guys post the output of the following cmd?

locate  libXxf86vm.so
"The world is moving so fast these days that the man who says it can't be done is generally interrupted by someone doing it."
-- E. Hubbard
Salmiakki

Post by Salmiakki »

micimacko@blackbox:~$ locate  libXxf86vm.so
/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libXxf86vm.so.1
/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libXxf86vm.so.1.0.0
micimacko@blackbox:~$ dpkg -S /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libXxf86vm.so.1.0.0
libxxf86vm1: /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libXxf86vm.so.1.0.0
micimacko@blackbox:~$ apt-cache policy libxxf86vm1
libxxf86vm1:  Installed: 1:1.1.1-2build1
Note that before the mod update it did work just fine. Maybe 0.6 got rebuilt with newer headers ?
TheSilencerPL

Post by TheSilencerPL »

No, we are using the functions from that library, that's why I asked.
I know this lib is the part of x11 installation, but I am not sure whether it is installed always on all distributions. I think it is.
From your example it looks like it is which is good.
We have the fix for this probably but we have to wait for the server to get empty to change the pk3.
"The world is moving so fast these days that the man who says it can't be done is generally interrupted by someone doing it."
-- E. Hubbard
gaoesa
Site Admin

Post by gaoesa »

I sent privates to both salmiakki and honey to test this on a private server, but I need to have you in my contacts to deliver the test pk3.
- Douglas Adams

silEnT development
Salmiakki

Post by Salmiakki »

gaoesa wrote:I sent privates to both salmiakki and honey to test this on a private server, but I need to have you in my contacts to deliver the test pk3.
Works for me, managed to join your server just fine
gaoesa
Site Admin

Post by gaoesa »

The silent-0.6.0.pk3 file updated on the server. This also means that players who had the file with that name will have a hash value added to the new file they download from the server. If you want to keep it clean, delete all silent-0.x.x.pk3 files from the silent folder.
- Douglas Adams

silEnT development
free.

Post by free. »

thompson/mp40: let it be - its also tactical, because as it concerns me, i STILL associate mp40 to axis and thompson to allies. that definitively affects my behaviour :DD
think in 80% this IS the case, the rest spreads on out-of-ammo, so i take it from my enemy or, indeed, choosing mp40 as allied player and reverse.
puolakanaho

Post by puolakanaho »

free. wrote:thompson/mp40: let it be - its also tactical, because as it concerns me, i STILL associate mp40 to axis and thompson to allies. that definitively affects my behaviour :DD
think in 80% this IS the case, the rest spreads on out-of-ammo, so i take it from my enemy or, indeed, choosing mp40 as allied player and reverse.

my words exactly

having two different guns make it funnier when you have to swap between them to get more ammo :D