Map ideas

Ideas to improve our server or the forum.
gaoesa
Site Admin
her blog

Map ideas

Post by gaoesa »

The server is on map voting gametype and that seems to be working well.

However, there could still be some new maps and some old maps could be removed also.

Please keep posting your thoughts about maps in this forum section.
He hoped and prayed that there wasn't an afterlife. Then he realized there was a contradiction involved here and merely hoped that there wasn't an afterlife.
- Douglas Adams

silEnT development
http://mygamingtalk.com/
Daft Prick

Re: Map ideas

Post by Daft Prick »

Nooooo!?!?! WHAT is this? A server where the admins ASK the players about which maps they prefer!? Come ooon!

Seriously - great!
- a sharp knife is a good knife! v911
gaoesa
Site Admin

Post by gaoesa »

:D

Well. That is quite normal on bigger servers where I have played :) Of course, not all suggestions can make it to the map pool some considerations are made first based on the previous success of the map and all the opinions presented here on the forums. Also, some technical thinking is involved too. Goal is to have maps that have high quality and don't require high amounts of hunkmegs allocated by the players. The map voting, however, allows to add maps that aren't actual favourites (to me or anyone) since the players decide themself, what maps they feel like playing in any given time.
He hoped and prayed that there wasn't an afterlife. Then he realized there was a contradiction involved here and merely hoped that there wasn't an afterlife.
- Douglas Adams

silEnT development
gaoesa
Site Admin

Post by gaoesa »

I edited the Downloads page so that it shows in the list which maps are installed and playable (from the custom maps) on the server. Easier to give suggestions when you actually know what maps are installed.

This should also make it easier to manage which maps you keep installed in your etmain directory to avoid downloads while playing on the server and also to avoid holding useless maps in your etmain directory.
- Douglas Adams

silEnT development
TheSilencerPL

Post by TheSilencerPL »

But sometimes it changes into voting for attacking maps - allies have more attacking maps IMHO and they usually vote for the maps they could attack. Axis usually have less players and they loose the voting. That's what I've experienced lately at least. Besides the maps dissapear from the voting list (there are not always the same maps) and sometimes Axis don't have any attacking map to vote for. I would suggest, if there is such possibility of course, to not remove Axis attacking maps from voting menu at all, so that Axis could vote for them always :) [smilie=laugh3.gif]
"The world is moving so fast these days that the man who says it can't be done is generally interrupted by someone doing it."
-- E. Hubbard
gaoesa
Site Admin

Post by gaoesa »

They don't actually disappear.

The voting menu can have 20 maps. The server has 29 custom maps + standard maps. For that reason, the voting menu has randomized maps so eventually, all the maps have chances to be voted.

Yep, its quite normal that people want to play attacking team when there are several bots on the server. But on my experience, when i play axis, all i seem to play are axis attack maps :P

The few axis attack maps that there are, are not going anywhere for now.
- Douglas Adams

silEnT development