()ETPlayer[] ban

Not happy? Problems with someone? Complaints about kicks, bans, admin level or abusive things.
uNhoL
her blog

()ETPlayer[] ban

Post by uNhoL »

Hello. I got banned from Himalia SilEnT public server for reason "Sniper rifle is not moving upwards". I can't understand the actual reason for the ban. I've never used a sniper recoil script because I find it useless and there's more challenge without it. I've been accused and banned for wallhacking and aimbotting but this is the first time I get banned for sniper recoil. I would really like to play at Himalia [silEnT] again and that's why I made this thread.
gaoesa
Site Admin

Re: ()ETPlayer[] ban

Post by gaoesa »

A player was concerned of you using sniper scripts and he recorded a demo. I viewed it and it indeed looked like it didn't rise when scoped. However, since the +lookdown is removed from the silEnT mod it was more likely that the reason was no recoil.

The aim looks normal and nothing like wallhacking is seen in the demo.

I'm waiting for the approval to post the unedited original demo from the player who recorded it.

It may help your case if you can provide a config that can give the results without cheats. I will remove the ban of course. I will change your group to registered users so you will be allowed private messages on the board.
He hoped and prayed that there wasn't an afterlife. Then he realized there was a contradiction involved here and merely hoped that there wasn't an afterlife.
- Douglas Adams

silEnT development
http://mygamingtalk.com/
uNhoL

Post by uNhoL »

gaoesa wrote:A player was concerned of you using sniper scripts and he recorded a demo. I viewed it and it indeed looked like it didn't rise when scoped. However, since the +lookdown is removed from the silEnT mod it was more likely that the reason was no recoil.

The aim looks normal and nothing like wallhacking is seen in the demo.

I'm waiting for the approval to post the unedited original demo from the player who recorded it.

It may help your case if you can provide a config that can give the results without cheats. I will remove the ban of course. I will change your group to registered users so you will be allowed private messages on the board.
Thanks.

I've asked Lara C if sniper scripts are allowed, and (s)he said no and since this is the only good silEnT server I've seen so far, I'll rather follow the rules than get myself banned.
gaoesa
Site Admin

Post by gaoesa »

I did some tests my self with the sniper, using the same XP then you and it is possible to get similar results pretty close to what was seen in the demo. I'm not good with sniper so I had lots more shaking in the vertical line while your aim moves mostly in the horizontal line. However, it reminded me that it is possible to stop to upward movement with practise and even doing it smoothly using equipment (mouse + configs).

I reviewed the demo and it was within possible limits and because it did not show anything else weird. I'll remove the ban.

Sorry for the inconvenience but I rather issue bans then let anyone cheat on the server.

PS.
I thought the posts in the complaint section can't be edited after posted. I must check the forum settings I think :P
He hoped and prayed that there wasn't an afterlife. Then he realized there was a contradiction involved here and merely hoped that there wasn't an afterlife.
- Douglas Adams

silEnT development
http://mygamingtalk.com/
uNhoL

Post by uNhoL »

gaoesa wrote:I did some tests my self with the sniper, using the same XP then you and it is possible to get similar results pretty close to what was seen in the demo. I'm not good with sniper so I had lots more shaking in the vertical line while your aim moves mostly in the horizontal line. However, it reminded me that it is possible to stop to upward movement with practise and even doing it smoothly using equipment (mouse + configs).

I reviewed the demo and it was within possible limits and because it did not show anything else weird. I'll remove the ban.

Sorry for the inconvenience but I rather issue bans then let anyone cheat on the server.

PS.
I thought the posts in the complaint section can't be edited after posted. I must check the forum settings I think :P
yeah well I didn't read your post well and I wrote lots of text but then I saw that you said you're going to unban me and I removed lots of text. and btw, high m_pitch has really big effect on sniper recoil. ^^ But I use default when I snipe.