Page Top Images

Ideas to improve our server or the forum.
gaoesa
Site Admin
her blog

Page Top Images

Post by gaoesa »

If there is anyone interested making new images for the Himalia website, here is your chance.

What I mean is replacing the Himalia and Wolfenstein Enemy Territory and the side images to something more artistic. Yet simple and tastefull.

QueenMary will think of some reward as usual :P At least you will get your preferred nickname mentioned somewhere for credits.
He hoped and prayed that there wasn't an afterlife. Then he realized there was a contradiction involved here and merely hoped that there wasn't an afterlife.
- Douglas Adams

silEnT development
http://mygamingtalk.com/
Ch!ca

Re: Page Top Images

Post by Ch!ca »

Is there any prefered sizes of how big the file should be by height and width and also filesize.
Which format..
Color preferences...
Himalia logo placing... Center/left/right/etc.
Shall it contain ET logo or not.
Anything more info could be appreciated ^^.

Ch!ca.
Life is tough, and if you have the ability to laugh at it you have the ability to enjoy it. Salma Hayek
gaoesa
Site Admin

Post by gaoesa »

It can be taller then what is the current ones but I think it shouldn't be too tall.
The current ones are actually 3 images. The same way can be used in the new image(s).
Colors blue and white included would be nice.
The ET logo should be included to avoid any confusion about the community and indeed, we are only playing ET.

In the end, if it looks good, I'll figure how to insert it and change site colors too if needed. Though I like the dark ones we have at the moment. The current one has the side pictures that belong to the theme and I just added the center image. I'm looking for a more personalized look for our site.
He hoped and prayed that there wasn't an afterlife. Then he realized there was a contradiction involved here and merely hoped that there wasn't an afterlife.
- Douglas Adams

silEnT development
Ch!ca

Post by Ch!ca »

This is my first attempt:

For it's usage, well let me know as the original file is 1100h x 400w
//Also to note then the image is customizable for smaller sizes.
I haven't thought yet about side images so any suggestion/idea is most welcome.

I think I forgot to save the image in the middle so changing it is quite a work but nothing that couln't be done ;)
So if there's any preferences I'd try my best ^^
[smilie=drinks.gif]
Ch!ca.
Life is tough, and if you have the ability to laugh at it you have the ability to enjoy it. Salma Hayek
Lara C.
Site Admin

Post by Lara C. »

First of all: GREAT JOB !! [smilie=good.gif] But maybe the colours could be a little darker? And maybe the et logo could be more in the center of "himalia", at the moment it looks that it´s a bit to the left ... just an idea ...
But this first image is already awesome [smilie=good.gif] [smilie=good.gif] [smilie=give_rose.gif]
Ch!ca

Post by Ch!ca »

Well the first variation of it was in purpouse to bring the balance out to left side so the right side image (that does nto excist yet) later would balance it from right side.
I'll go figure it out what I'd do for the right side, but since the board itself is pretty compatible and using the page in different size also influences the top images so it gotta be a catch so the whole top would look in balance.
Also as the background is transparented it can be canvased to even more to center or left depending on the position prefered and ofcourse having in mind the final look.
Ofcourse I will try more and different styles too as It was quite a first day I've used Photoshop after long break and actually as a base is one of an old text effect.
I'd hope my laptop will last longer so I'd be able to show more and decide for which is best.
Ofcourse I will try to make a page screenshot of how it could look when I'm done with final result...

Sounds promising [smilie=swoon.gif]

Ch!ca.
gaoesa
Site Admin

Post by gaoesa »

Maybe the silEnT mod name could be omitted from it. It is only a mod name while the community is around the Enemy Territory game.
- Douglas Adams

silEnT development
Ch!ca

Post by Ch!ca »

Re-sub.
silEnT removed.
Really little bit more color burn.
*QueenMary*

Post by *QueenMary* »

[smilie=good.gif] [smilie=good.gif] [smilie=good.gif] [smilie=good.gif] [smilie=good.gif] [smilie=good.gif] [smilie=good.gif]

cooooooooooooooooool but i miss a little more pink in it :D :D :D :D :D

the reward will be an invitation to my next kebap party at leeeeeeeeeeast :D

cheers
[smilie=queen.gif]
gaoesa
Site Admin

Post by gaoesa »

Sorry I had forgotten this completely.
- Douglas Adams

silEnT development
Ch!ca

Post by Ch!ca »

Heya,
I've been a bit bored, so I thought I'll redo the top image and added some Christmas feeling to it.
Here it is:
Again any "editing" can be requested :P
I've been thinking aswel what to do with side images, I'll see if I can come up with something nice.
Hope you like it ;)

[smilie=angel.gif]
TheSilencerPL

Post by TheSilencerPL »

gaoesa wrote:t can be taller then what is the current ones but I think it shouldn't be too tall.
The current ones are actually 3 images. The same way can be used in the new image(s).
The ET logo should be included to avoid any confusion about the community and indeed, we are only playing ET.

In the end, if it looks good, I'll figure how to insert it and change site colors too if needed. Though I like the dark ones we have at the moment. The current one has the side pictures that belong to the theme and I just added the center image. I'm looking for a more personalized look for our site.
BTW, has "Himalia" any special meaning in Finland? To be honest I have never thought of why the community is called "himalia", but when it comes to the forum image, I think that maybe something related to the name could be incorporated into it?
"The world is moving so fast these days that the man who says it can't be done is generally interrupted by someone doing it."
-- E. Hubbard
Ch!ca

Post by Ch!ca »

puolakanaho

Post by puolakanaho »

TheSilencerPL wrote:
gaoesa wrote:t can be taller then what is the current ones but I think it shouldn't be too tall.

BTW, has "Himalia" any special meaning in Finland? To be honest I have never thought of why the community is called "himalia", but when it comes to the forum image, I think that maybe something related to the name could be incorporated into it?

himalia is a name for a moon of jupiter

also according to my research it was some chick that zeus banged...
gR!ns

Post by gR!ns »

If you ever need big ET logo without text, I have selfmade PNG picture in 1280x720 size. It's near perfect and it has transparent background so it's gtg to web graphics or been added in other picture.

Cheers