Attempting to reduce the rifle grenade power a bit

Latest news from the server.
gaoesa
Site Admin
her blog

Attempting to reduce the rifle grenade power a bit

Post by gaoesa »

I'm trying to reduce the rifle grenades power a little. Like many have complained about it, I'm now trying to reduce the power of them. It should still be a bit higher then the etpub default, but still lot less then nitmod default. Anyway, this is a test of the custom weaponscripts. Don't know does it work or not.

I'm using the campaign pk3 package to hold the scripts. So thats why the new download.

Next on the agenda would be to reduce the medic health somehow :P

It's quite annoying when medics have 156 health and bodyshots give 18 damage. When the medics use adrenaline they are really hard to get killed. 9 bodyshots without adrenaline. If the headshots give 36 damage, it's still 5 shots to the head. Other classes aren't that hard to kill luckily. So it's not as easy as to rise up the shots damage.

As a part solution, the medics no longer have the adrenaline. Problem still is that the 5 shots are needed even without the adrenaline :(
He hoped and prayed that there wasn't an afterlife. Then he realized there was a contradiction involved here and merely hoped that there wasn't an afterlife.
- Douglas Adams

silEnT development
http://mygamingtalk.com/
*QueenMary*

Re: Attempting to reduce the rifle grenade power a bit

Post by *QueenMary* »

im protesting fuuuuuuriously about the missing adre for medics :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

cant you set them down to 100hp instead and leave the adre? i cant live without adre anymore and im not one of those selfhealing rambo medics ..... when you once get used to play with adre its no fun anymore to play without it.

[smilie=suicide.gif] [smilie=suicide.gif] [smilie=suicide.gif] [smilie=suicide.gif] [smilie=russian_roulette.gif] [smilie=russian_roulette.gif] [smilie=dash2.gif]

engis have their bombs and many nades, coverts have their satchel and the fact to be covert etc

medics have nothing but their medipacks and now adre is gone for medic...... its like taking arty from fops away [smilie=ireful3.gif] its not attractive at all being medic that way *whine* :'( [smilie=ireful3.gif] [smilie=suicide.gif]
*QueenMary*

Post by *QueenMary* »

btw. if this is about preventing to have so many rambomedics id say its better to reset their xps constantly than taking away adre.... i experienced it not only once that engi was needed in allies team to get further but all allies were medics.... i think we know exactly who is selfhealing ramboass and who a good medic who helps and heals his team.... and those rambos we actually know can be reseted until they either learn the sense of being medic and if they dont care they can go and play on other servers. [smilie=ireful3.gif]

[smilie=girl_devil.gif]
gaoesa
Site Admin

Post by gaoesa »

This is not an attempt to reduce rambo medics. This is an attempt to make medics fair against other players. Medics have 156 hp, when its at it's max. Medics regenerate health 3 hp/second. With adre, they regenerate health even faster and are harder to hit and faster.

No other class has this much health. I don't know a way to set the health lower for medics.

The adrenaline is available to all other classes.

Of course, I wouldn't mind if obviously non-objective playing medics would get their XP resetted constantly.

@Queen, I'm sure you will learn to play medic without adrenaline very fast. You still have a great advantage with health points even without the adrenaline. Moreover, once the adrenaline medics go out, you probably notice it will be easier too. I agree that in some cases when the other team is giving a cross fire it would be good to have adrenaline, but then maybe try to work as a team and if that doesn't work, then shuffle.
He hoped and prayed that there wasn't an afterlife. Then he realized there was a contradiction involved here and merely hoped that there wasn't an afterlife.
- Douglas Adams

silEnT development
*QueenMary*

Post by *QueenMary* »

i need to do one last whining for now ---> there is a reason why medics have more hp than others i guess... they are supposed to live longer to be able to support their team and adre of course is a nice support..... shitty thing is only when those rambomedics dont help and just whore around for xp---> but as i said before that could be solved by reseting xps of those rambos----> by reseteing their xps they automaticallly lose adre as well -----> so that way only the "good medics" who support and heal their team do have adre.

i also think that "good medics" need adre especially for giving a good back up ...... what else does medic have which makes this class attractive? its only the use of adre and the medipacks as they dont have any extraweapons like satchel, bombs, arty etc

the only class i personally mostly use adre is when im medic. i cant use adre as engi much as i need to arm mines, construct barriers.... and as fops i hardly ever use adre as i need to do arty and give ammo to pple.

alright im not gonna be more pushy about that ----> maybe we could just try for now to do that reseting for rambos and it might be enough and a good solution.

well i understand your point though..... be aware that i might whine soon about this again ........ im an adre junky i cant help it [smilie=dash2.gif] [smilie=mosking.gif]

cheers
[smilie=queen.gif]
gaoesa
Site Admin

Post by gaoesa »

Adrenaline has been in the ET since its beginning. But the 5 head shots medics haven't been. The medics have a great advantage with health even without the adrenaline. I play a lot of medic and I find the need to use adre only when I'm outnumbered by the enemies.

The adrenaline stays off for the medics. The real team supporting medics are a little bit safe from the enemy fire when they support the team. That is, they are behind the other team. That is how it was played in etpro many years ago. The emphasis of the medics seems to have changed a bit so that the medics are seen as rambos that do the killing while the other team just fool around and does the objective once the medics have done their job. Well, if some medics can do that, it's fine. But it's not fine when some medics that can't do that just camp around corners and give themselves some adre boosts every once in a while to get frags and do practically nothing for the team. i.e. They do their camping far away from the team and don't really help the team mates to advance.

Long talk but the point is, medics in nitmod still have a big advantage with health, even without adre. Needless to say, that on no-xpsave servers, the medics need to do their job without adre anyway.
- Douglas Adams

silEnT development