Himalia promotional video

Information for Enemy Territory players.
gR!ns
her blog

Himalia promotional video

Post by gR!ns »

I have started to work with promotional video about Himalia server. Actually I started it..uhm a year ago :)

There has been a lot of challenges by this time and one of the biggest one is to get good material for it. I have already recorded some clips in the past, but
fact is that I can't get enough by myself and I can also lose some good action because I can record only one at the time while speccing.

That's why I throw the ball to public and I am asking if there would be some volunteers to record their own gameplay while playing on Himalia game server.

It would be even better if these volunteers would be willing to review those own records and find the best action scenes before sending those records to me.
Reviewing all records by myself to finding best action scenes would be very time consuming for me and this way it would help me a lot.

Still, the main point is get enough material to work with. And I mean A LOT of material. Reviewed or not.

I can't grant any benefits for you, but at least I promise that these volunteers will be mentioned somehow on the video.

-----------------------------------------
Some guidelines for the records:
-----------------------------------------

- Records has to been captured on Himalia game server.
- Avoid recording while there are bots in game. At least I won't add any bot playing scenes on that video.
- The video is ment to show good teamplaying from both teams. It's the main purpose of the team based game. So continuous camping is not good action. It's just.. camping.
- I might add some fun scenes/still images in the end of the video, so you can also sent this kind of records/captures. Accidents, fails etc.

-----------------------------------------------------------
How to record and review demos/screenshots:
-----------------------------------------------------------

Autorecord is binded by default to F12. You can change this via in-game control settings. This will work as start and stop button. Just press it once to start recording and press again
to stop while you are playing the game.

Demos are saved under silent/demos folder. To review demos, start the game in to the main menu, click Mods button and select silent. Then click the Replays button and
demo list should appear. Select demo which you want to watch and click View. When you are finished, press ESC to exit from the replay.

Screenshot is binded by default to F11. Screenshots are saved under silent/screenshots folder. Just click the button and it will take a screenshot. To view these, go to the
folder and open image with your favorite/default image viewer software.

I have mentioned many times word "send", but haven't told where. Well, even I don't know the answer yet. But I will find some place where you can dump these files.
I will inform about it when I have figured out it. You can still start recording before this happens :)

If you have any questions or comments, please ask or comment. I would also like to know if you will volunteer. Under this topic or throw me with PM.

Cheers
free.

Re: Himalia promotional video

Post by free. »

need some dropbox/skydrive/googledrive space?
gR!ns

Post by gR!ns »

We have solution under develop now. It take a while to set it up, but stay tuned!
gR!ns

Post by gR!ns »

Alright! Now we have the place for these records. You can find it when you are logged in to the forum from navigation bar. Right next to Forum tab. Or you can use link below this text.
Click this to get in to the Fileserver
*26*

Post by *26* »

if there would be more players i would record some stuff [smilie=lazy2.gif] :'( :'(