some martial art discussion.....

Fun zone ...
Riksman
her blog

some martial art discussion.....

Post by Riksman »

So gaoesa was right about that there isnt such thing like leg lock in judo [smilie=drinks.gif].But I'm little bit confused.Now I'm going to assume that you know what is MMA and what is UFC.Okay,everytime theres is a (kick)boxer-judo artist mach in for excample UFC.All what the commentators will do is that they say that boxer need to watch out for those leg locks/dislocations.And allthought that the judo man will win the mach as soon as he does a hip throw or something like that and both fighters are down,the judo man will immediately take a leg lock(when ever those are allowed in the mach)and the boxer is submitted.This happens 9 times out of 10 in these classic boxer vs judo maches.Whats U goTTa sAy abouT that essi [smilie=tease.gif]
(hope you remember our little talk,you were drunk :D )

Cheers,the ultimate bjj submisson master RiksMan [smilie=king2.gif]

EDIT:Notice,I'm not talking about wrestler or jujutsu artist,I'm talking about judo.
[smilie=russian.gif] Родион
gaoesa
Site Admin

Re: some martial art discussion.....

Post by gaoesa »

I remember our conversation. Yes I know what mixed martial arts means.

I didn't claim that there arent leg locks in Judo, I just said that they are very restricted in it, at least in Judo matches. In practise, I don't know.

I know that there are effective leg locks in jujutsu.

I don't know what I should be saying... Better not start wrestling if your a boxer?

Ps. I wasn't drunk.
He hoped and prayed that there wasn't an afterlife. Then he realized there was a contradiction involved here and merely hoped that there wasn't an afterlife.
- Douglas Adams

silEnT development
http://mygamingtalk.com/
Riksman

Post by Riksman »

I already do submission wrestling/mma in a team or club or whatever you call them in english but anyway thats my hobby.And before we started to talk about those leg locks we talked about judos and bjjs effectiveness in a mma training/fighting because I said I'm thinking of starting to do one of them [smilie=assassin.gif] you recommended both of them but then you stardet to talk about something called koryu and especially one of its style called daito something something catched my attention,you said something like its most cruel jujutsu form and so on.And I visited the website you posted I also searched it from 'kamppailuwiki' and nothing specific came up about the style and how they train and maybe fight.So can you give some more details about the sport or maybe more websites?
Thanks [smilie=assassin.gif]
gaoesa
Site Admin

Post by gaoesa »

The discussion didn't progress quite as you say.

The discussion prgressed wirdly to martial arts and then you started your self talk about starting Brasilian Jujutsu (bjj). I talked with you and said it is good idea if youre interested about it. Then you started to talk about starting Judo also, in where I said you should start only one martial art at the time, to get you rolling with one before starting another. In stead of starting all that interests at the same time.

Anyway, here is a link to Finnish koryu site:
http://www.koryu.fi/
Here is short description in English Wikipedia:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kory%C5%AB

In short, koryu means group of Japanese martial arts that predate the Meiji period (1866). It is very hard for martial arts to qualify into this group and the rules are often very strict. Koryu is meant to preserve the ancient traditions and martial arts and no modern martial art can ever be accepted to it.

Daito Ryu Aiki Jujutsu was Aizu clans traditional martial art and it was brought to publicity vy Sokaku Takeda (1860-1943) who teached over 50 students. Takuma Hisa (1895-1980) was the only pupil that received a certificate of full knownledge of Daito Ryu Aiki Jujutsu (Menkyo Kaiden) from Sokaku Takeda. Hisa's pupils founded the Daito Ryu Aiki Jujutsu Takumakai union.

The art was brought to Finland at 1995 and the Fudoshin ry and Mudoson ry, both in Helsnki, are the only places in Europe where Daito Ryu Aiki Jujutsu Takumakai is practised and teached (in Takumakai style).

Another famous student of Sokaku Takeda was Morihei Ueshiba who founded Aikido from the basis of Daito Ryu Aiki jujutsu.

As a side note, Sokaku mastered all 18 traditional Samurai martial arts, Daitoryu included, and he devoted his hole life in perfecting his skills and teaching those to others.

Here is the official webpage for daitoryu:
http://www.daito-ryu.org/en/

I hope I was able to clarify things about this discussion :P
He hoped and prayed that there wasn't an afterlife. Then he realized there was a contradiction involved here and merely hoped that there wasn't an afterlife.
- Douglas Adams

silEnT development
Riksman

Post by Riksman »

I remember our discussion clearly,it went just like you said but I just didnt pay enought attention to it on my post cause I thought its a minor thing not important.The reason why I posted this topic because I'm interested about martial arts and you seem to be too.So how important youself think about the path of our little talk?i guess it was only secondary thats why I didnt pay attention to it in my posts,of course you like to put your knowledge into facts and speak only about things what you know are truly facts and true,theres nothing wrong with that,the opposite I respect it.But can we now move on and speak generally about martial arts because they clearly seems to be important both of us and maybe some other people in this forum/server
gaoesa
Site Admin

Post by gaoesa »

:) I thought I didn't put much effort in reorginising the detailed discussion :P

Also, I think I described the Daito Ryu Aiki Jujutsu of what you wanted to know more. Yes, I have practised some martial arts more or less when I was younger and every now and then when I've been older, but now I'm just a fat nerd [smilie=victory.gif] No harm discussing about martial arts though.
- Douglas Adams

silEnT development
Riksman

Post by Riksman »

Yes,i thing this might be cool topic at here.So what did you practise those koryu arts what you mentioned or something else?
gaoesa
Site Admin

Post by gaoesa »

I am not a martial art so we can't talk about me without it being spamming the topic.
- Douglas Adams

silEnT development
Riksman

Post by Riksman »

Dont be so pedantic,is it spamming if we talk generally about martial arts and I'm just asking your connections to it.I said my own so why cant you?Of course if you dont want to thats totally different thing.
gaoesa
Site Admin

Post by gaoesa »

I have already explained what you called is my interest to martial arts. During the last posts there has been no information or discussion about martial arts.

I repeat again, I'm not martial artist, I have no connection to such arts. My interest and knownledge if you will is similar to all that have hobbyed martial arts more then a year. But again, I'm just a fat nerd.

To continue to push about my personal things, can result your account being suspended or at least removing the write privilege to the forums. If you felt I was being unreasonable when I wasn't willing to discuss about myself in public, you could have pm'd me instead of flaming in public.

/locking the thread
- Douglas Adams

silEnT development