Razer's Project Fiona

Generic discussions with the emphasis on technology
divine_one
her blog

Razer's Project Fiona

Post by divine_one »

The whole project looks very interesting. In one device we have a tablet, handheld, laptop and gaming console. It will probably be pretty damn expensive at first (i've read somwhere that will be between 1,299 and 1,499 dollars) but gradually should become cheaper.
Specifications what i have found in some press: Intel Core i5 (i7), mid end graphics card (from Nvidia probably), 8GB Ram DDR3. Case has to be twice as high and twice heavier than the iPad, which is a 200mm and 1.3kg.

And some videos:

gR!ns

Re: Razer's Project Fiona

Post by gR!ns »

Yes, this seems to be interesting consept. Tablet is the best in entertaining purpose but I'm still skeptical about how tablet works with gaming. One of the biggest problem with mobile devices is the battery. Ofc if you use dock or external power, it will help but the mobility will suffer then.

I found a review from CES'13 by AnandTech with more information included:
http://www.anandtech.com/show/6649/raze ... d-thoughts
Salmiakki

Re: Razer's Project Fiona

Post by Salmiakki »

divine_one wrote:The whole project looks very interesting. In one device we have a tablet, handheld, laptop and gaming console. It will probably be pretty damn expensive at first (i've read somwhere that will be between 1,299 and 1,499 dollars) but gradually should become cheaper.
Specifications what i have found in some press: Intel Core i5 (i7), mid end graphics card (from Nvidia probably), 8GB Ram DDR3. Case has to be twice as high and twice heavier than the iPad, which is a 200mm and 1.3kg.
I'm a bit skeptical about this, the price diff to iPads and such is just too big to make it interesting outside of a gamer micro-niche (and with i5+NVidia it's already a portable heater). Plus, an iPad is a muscle-workout, with handheld 1.3kg you can cancel your gym membership (hold a 1.5L maito in front of you for 5 min and you'll understand what I mean).