Hometown

Fun zone ...
divine_one
her blog

Hometown

Post by divine_one »

Silencer's video inspired me to look for something similar about my city. When I started to browse the videos on youtube about Przemysl, i was in shock. Apparently the same streets, the same buildings that i see every day on the way to work or to the store, in the movies looks completely different, like i was in a strange place. Watching videos about Przemysl realized me the beauty and interest of the city which i live in.
Video is not as good in quality as the Silencer's, but it looked the best what i could find.
So here's my hometown:

and winter city promo video:

Here we meet a lot of players from different parts of Europe, and hmm... i'm wondering, maybe someone else would be interested in showing the place where he lives? Come on guys, do not be ashamed, i'm sure you can find something on youtube (or make your own video or photos) :)
P.S. A short description about the place where you live, population etc would also be welcome.
TheSilencerPL

Re: Hometown

Post by TheSilencerPL »

Here we meet a lot of players from different parts of Europe, and hmm... i'm wondering, maybe someone else would be interested in showing the place where he lives
Great idea!

Regarding Przemyśl, I've never been there but it definitely is a beautiful city. It would be even more beautiful if there weren't years of communism in Poland. But that concerns every city in Poland. The raping of the architecture was immense in that time.
Now when I recall I was pretty close to Przemyśl in the past. I biked from west to east, along our south border from here: http://goo.gl/maps/57mWa to there: http://goo.gl/maps/BEfYQ
Ustrzyki Dolne is very close to Przemyśł :)
"The world is moving so fast these days that the man who says it can't be done is generally interrupted by someone doing it."
-- E. Hubbard
puolakanaho

Post by puolakanaho »

meanwhile in oulu
Attachments
4281728+_bc0668f7e3cacf2881d815c3d6a2f934.gif
4281728+_bc0668f7e3cacf2881d815c3d6a2f934.gif (187.37 KiB) Viewed 11678 times
mk13.se

Post by mk13.se »

OK, so here is a short one I found from the city of Göteborg.
vimeo.com/m/53036978

Cant get the video embedded from my phone but I hope you can enjoy it anyway!
Mooperi

Post by Mooperi »

What a nice videos here.
So here in my hometown Helsinki video.

http://www.youtube.com/embed/P_--JTGqN9w
TheSilencerPL

Post by TheSilencerPL »

Mooperi, you made me miss summer, I have enough of the winter already.

@mk13.se, what's the building from 00:50?
"The world is moving so fast these days that the man who says it can't be done is generally interrupted by someone doing it."
-- E. Hubbard
mk13.se

Post by mk13.se »

TheSilencerPL wrote: @mk13.se, what's the building from 00:50?
It is a part of Chalmers Univerity of Technology where I studied industrial design. It is a new building holding the administration offices and some of the research facilities.
iikoo

Post by iikoo »

On this video you can see a piece of my hometown. The video is not the best, because it is designed for travelers. [smilie=no2.gif]
Salmiakki

Post by Salmiakki »

Not as many scantly clad blondes in this video as in the previous one, and the music is on the classicy side, but hey...

divine_one

Post by divine_one »

Thank you guys for your response. I have wondered if anyone at all will answer and you put really nice videos here. I hope too see more btw.
And some description of my city:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/c ... na_San.jpg

It is the oldest city in the region and one of the oldest Polish cities. In the past, the third largest fortress in Europe. Over the years lost in its military and economic importance, so it is not too big now - population is about 70 000.

A little history:

and the current time :D :

P.S. I know that soundtrack sucks, but still you must admit that we have a few pretty girls here :D