Lifting no sk rule

Ideas to improve our server or the forum.

Lift no SK rule

Leave the no SK rule as is
64%
Remove the no SK rule
36%

Total votes: 14
TheSilencerPL
her blog

Re: Lifting no sk rule

Post by TheSilencerPL »

There are enough server that have the no-sk rule lifted
You are absolutly right Lara, but I don't have time to jump over servers just to taste no sk - I mainly play on this server, actually from some time I visit only this server :) I like our objective playing, it's what I like most in this game.
let's lift the no SK rule, but the no spawncamping rule stays in place
I agree with you Mighty, I don't like when all that's happening is spawn camping - it gets boring for both teams. Moreover it's in oposition to the obj playing IMHO.

Another thing is this that sometimes when one goes through the spawn he/she accidently runs into someone there and kills him in fight. Should we treat this as spawn killing or not? For me it's often confusing and I usually try to stay out of spawns but sometimes you have to go there for example to destroy the CP, like in FuelDump.
"The world is moving so fast these days that the man who says it can't be done is generally interrupted by someone doing it."
-- E. Hubbard
gaoesa
Site Admin

Post by gaoesa »

I agree with you Mighty, I don't like when all that's happening is spawn camping - it gets boring for both teams. Moreover it's in oposition to the obj playing IMHO.
On public servers, it most often is the case that the players getting killed in the spawn are not important for the completion of the object anyway. The campers wait until the players they would have hard time to fight, leave the spawn and attack against the "weak". If the best opposing players get killed in the spawn as well, it surely tells that the team are far from acceptable. Now this would make it easier for the admins to determine when there is the time to even up the teams a little :)

I'm not sure what we talk about when we say spawn camping. Coverts sometimes really wait in the spawn until the enemy spawns to get their kill and the uniform. If it is about the hole enemy team killing the other team to the doorsteps of the spawn, for long enough, then that is not spawn camping but clearly a case of mixing up the teams a little.

True enough, spawn campers are generally easy kills when the team thinks about it when they spawn. With no sk rule, people generally don't think about enemies when they spawn and therefore, they are even easier kills. That would change fast if it would be allowed for the opposition to do the kills as soon as they can :)
He hoped and prayed that there wasn't an afterlife. Then he realized there was a contradiction involved here and merely hoped that there wasn't an afterlife.
- Douglas Adams

silEnT development
http://mygamingtalk.com/
gaoesa
Site Admin

Post by gaoesa »

I have increased the spawn shield time to 5 seconds. Previous time was 3 seconds. This is the time when enemy shots do not harm you. However, the shield drops as soon as you fire any of your weapons. I think this is needed for the spawnkilling restriction lifting.

I think this timelimit is good. For example, in Siwa Oasis, within this time, both allies have enough time to get outside the small wall in their spawn and axis has just enough time to get out from the first yard. In radar maps, it's useless to throw grenades into the out corridor, but the shield doesn't hold bu the truck anymore. Even Snatch3 is now far more easier to axis since grenade spamming to their spawn exits have minimal effect.

I'm hoping we can soon go into allowed spawn killing rule.
He hoped and prayed that there wasn't an afterlife. Then he realized there was a contradiction involved here and merely hoped that there wasn't an afterlife.
- Douglas Adams

silEnT development
*QueenMary*

Post by *QueenMary* »

well i think we will have to wait forever if we wait for more votes.... id say LETS DOOOOOOOOOOOOOO IT [smilie=yahoo.gif]

if the majority isnt happy with the lifted no sk rule im sure they will let us know!

how about lifting the rule now and after sometime starting a poll where the players can decide to keep it or get rid of it? [smilie=to_pick_ones_nose_eat.gif]
gaoesa
Site Admin

Post by gaoesa »

I agree with QueenMary. I'll do the chages in the server banners and the rule set given here at the forums. Also, I'll make a news anouncement so that it will be noticed by all in case they don't bother to read this thread or banners on the server.
- Douglas Adams

silEnT development
*QueenMary*

Post by *QueenMary* »

[smilie=yahoo.gif] [smilie=yahoo.gif] [smilie=yahoo.gif] [smilie=dance3.gif] [smilie=dance3.gif] [smilie=dance3.gif] [smilie=party.gif] [smilie=party.gif] [smilie=party.gif] [smilie=party.gif] [smilie=party.gif] [smilie=party.gif] [smilie=sun_bespectacled.gif] [smilie=sun_bespectacled.gif] [smilie=sun_bespectacled.gif] [smilie=sun_bespectacled.gif] [smilie=sun_bespectacled.gif]