Soundpacket

Ideas to improve our server or the forum.
gaoesa
Site Admin
her blog

Re: Soundpacket

Post by gaoesa »

Queen, You are totally wrong.

EDIT:
The Himalia server has had final song twice. So I know the technologyvery well. There is _no_ workaround for it.
He hoped and prayed that there wasn't an afterlife. Then he realized there was a contradiction involved here and merely hoped that there wasn't an afterlife.
- Douglas Adams

silEnT development
http://mygamingtalk.com/
*QueenMary*

Post by *QueenMary* »

so you are saying that all other servers can manage to have a final sound but it is only not possible on himalia? .... still dont believe you [smilie=sarcastic_hand.gif]

why dont you just say that you dont like it yourself? [smilie=sarcastic_hand.gif] [smilie=tease.gif]
gaoesa
Site Admin

Post by gaoesa »

Do you misinterpret on purpose?

I said the same sound clip would need to be put into the file 3 times to get it played for all. It is not acceptable to increase the download size that much for one sound. We are talking about megabytes in size here.

I clearly stated that the Himalia server has had the final sound in the past. So please stop saying things wrong on purpose.
He hoped and prayed that there wasn't an afterlife. Then he realized there was a contradiction involved here and merely hoped that there wasn't an afterlife.
- Douglas Adams

silEnT development
*QueenMary*

Post by *QueenMary* »

I said the same sound clip would need to be put into the file 3 times to get it played for all. It is not acceptable to increase the download size that much for one sound.
ok and why are we the only server ive seen so far on which that is not acceptable? thats the only question im asking and which is not clear to me and which makes me think that you simply dont like to have one and take this as the reason to not take it. [smilie=sarcastic_hand.gif] [smilie=sarcastic_hand.gif]
gaoesa
Site Admin

Post by gaoesa »

You are right about that I don't like one. Reasons are, it will make me download extra stuff when I want to play. It cannot be blocked like voicechats can be. It cannot be taken of easily if it gets installed.

I know plenty of servers that don't have the 30 second song.
- Douglas Adams

silEnT development
*QueenMary*

Post by *QueenMary* »

the new soundpack is going to be ready soon..... lets say in the next few days.... so if there are sounds you wish to get in the pack please post them soon ;)

cheers
[smilie=queen.gif]
Penderi

Post by Penderi »

Here's link to website where is good collection of soundclips from my all-time favourite FPS character Duke Nukem [smilie=victory.gif]

Wavsource

There's alot more sounds in that site too..
Artificial Intelligence is no match for natural stupidity
*QueenMary*

Post by *QueenMary* »

very nice [smilie=good.gif] its like you're reading my mind though because i chose some duke sounds already before you posted this :D

a few will for sure make it into the pack ;)

thx a lot for your support [smilie=party.gif]

cheers
[smilie=queen.gif]
gaoesa
Site Admin

Post by gaoesa »

Soundpack updated.

Locking this thread and new propositions or re proposing things that werent included in the update can be placed in a new thread.
- Douglas Adams

silEnT development