Who else hates saberpeak?

Ideas to improve our server or the forum.
*QueenMary*
her blog

Who else hates saberpeak?

Post by *QueenMary* »

i would really like to get rid of this tooooo huge map.... it looks very very nice and i dont think its that bad ... i mostly go swimming in the sea there till the map is over [smilie=to_pick_ones_nose_eat.gif]

....BUT we dont have enough players for that map and the ways are tooooo long and its sth like 30mins or so! it simply doent worth having it for now i think..... but thats only my opinion.....

cheers
[smilie=queen.gif]
TheSilencerPL

Re: Who else hates saberpeak?

Post by TheSilencerPL »

Well, actually, after you have written that and after a while of thinking about it, I am for removing this map too. Unfortunatelly we don't have enough players for it and it's very easy to do the objectives and at the same time of course hard to defend it. I will propose some other map instead in a near future. Maybe the map where there was a temple/pyramid in the centre of the map and both teams had to deliver some objectives from 1 side to another? Don't remember the name now. Tt's not a proposition yet neither:) I am just taking it under consideration and this was just free open thinking :)
Last edited by TheSilencerPL on 14 Jul 2010, 11:05, edited 1 time in total.
"The world is moving so fast these days that the man who says it can't be done is generally interrupted by someone doing it."
-- E. Hubbard
Akilles

Post by Akilles »

I like Saberpeak :D
*QueenMary*

Post by *QueenMary* »

alright thx for feedback guys..... still i need to !slap akilles [smilie=punish.gif] [smilie=mosking.gif]

maybe more opinions on this?

[smilie=queen.gif]
gaoesa
Site Admin

Post by gaoesa »

Saberpeak is not bad map with low amount of players. People keep voting it also. I don't like tha map though.
He hoped and prayed that there wasn't an afterlife. Then he realized there was a contradiction involved here and merely hoped that there wasn't an afterlife.
- Douglas Adams

silEnT development
http://mygamingtalk.com/
*QueenMary*

Post by *QueenMary* »

well i have to say that i think the voting system doesnt always work..... sometimes maps which have less votes make it ..... [smilie=ireful3.gif]
gaoesa
Site Admin

Post by gaoesa »

No, that doesn't happen. However, sometimes you may be laggy and you don't see all the votes others make.
He hoped and prayed that there wasn't an afterlife. Then he realized there was a contradiction involved here and merely hoped that there wasn't an afterlife.
- Douglas Adams

silEnT development
Lara C.
Site Admin

Post by Lara C. »

Maybe the bots also vote, but you dont see their votes [smilie=sarcastic_hand.gif] [smilie=sarcastic_hand.gif] [smilie=sarcastic_hand.gif]
gaoesa
Site Admin

Post by gaoesa »

Bot's don't vote for maps.
- Douglas Adams

silEnT development
TheSilencerPL

Post by TheSilencerPL »

Sometimes votes are made just before the end of voting time and that is not shown on the client, besides revotes are also popular and they are more likely to happen just before map starts. The result is not populated to the clients then. Actually I would like the voting to be taken off as we don't play some maps at all now [smilie=tease.gif]
"The world is moving so fast these days that the man who says it can't be done is generally interrupted by someone doing it."
-- E. Hubbard
gaoesa
Site Admin

Post by gaoesa »

I know that with voting, some popular maps get played a lot and some less popular maps less. But that is the point of the voting too. The time between the same map can be voted again can be increased but I wouldn't take the voting off completely.
- Douglas Adams

silEnT development