Server version

Ideas to improve our server or the forum.

Support 2.55 client

support both (2.55/2.60)
67%
2.60 only
33%

Total votes: 9
gaoesa
Site Admin
her blog

Server version

Post by gaoesa »

Should the server support 2.55 clients or not?

There are lot's of people who install the old version (2.55) of the game.

Your arguments too please.
He hoped and prayed that there wasn't an afterlife. Then he realized there was a contradiction involved here and merely hoped that there wasn't an afterlife.
- Douglas Adams

silEnT development
http://mygamingtalk.com/
TheSilencerPL

Re: Server version

Post by TheSilencerPL »

I think they don't have "instant update syndrome" or "always latest software syndrome :P
If there is a lot of them then keep it. I don't know this mater too much. I always get the latest version when I install something.
Why do they use 2.55?
"The world is moving so fast these days that the man who says it can't be done is generally interrupted by someone doing it."
-- E. Hubbard
gaoesa
Site Admin

Re: Server version

Post by gaoesa »

This is all just my opinion. But they have ther 2.55 because when you search the game and download it, you get installer for 2.55. Then you need to know you will need to update to 2.60 and after download and run that. After that, theres still one more step, though it's mostly not necessary, to manually patch to 2.60b.

So, players who don't know the game well or computers well, will be using the 2.55. People who have played a while will realise to update but how to get that information to the new people right from the start.
He hoped and prayed that there wasn't an afterlife. Then he realized there was a contradiction involved here and merely hoped that there wasn't an afterlife.
- Douglas Adams

silEnT development
http://mygamingtalk.com/