Just an idea

Ideas to improve our server or the forum.
VALMET
her blog

Re: Just an idea

Post by VALMET »

New weapons is good idea? [smilie=hunter.gif]

VALMET . He , who hunt the birds [smilie=drinks.gif] [smilie=hunter.gif]
Heeeaaaddssshooottt
Weedk

Post by Weedk »

One problem is that you can only have so many awards, before you have to make some drastic changes to the Award-view UI "table" (there's only room for...16?).
If you want to avoid doing that, then you have to choose which awards you want (and don't want).

I would like to have an award for everything, but at the same time I think that too many awards water out their significance.
wanker

Post by wanker »

Well, you can leave out the highest ranking officer or highest XP award. The first one is stupid and useless, the other one everyone can see and nobody cares.
Random

Post by Random »

I dunno whats point of awards? More xp's?
What's a I Got No Friends Award? :D
Usually i get that.

Just an idea is maybe u could make covert ops to take units special tool when taking enemy clothes. Engi can repair one thing, medic can resurrect one unit (maybe even enemies?), and field ops can give 1-3 box of ammos. Dunno about soldier.
Without detection, if no enemies around. Just a little things to courige people covert more.

What do you think? Ruining balance?
gaoesa
Site Admin

Post by gaoesa »

Well, it is something to think about very seriously. At the moment the server settings allow everyone to spot mines. This was set in the beginning because at that time there always was large (about 20 mines) minefields and only few coverts. I think we could restore the original covert play with this. Only coverts would spot mines. For starters.
He hoped and prayed that there wasn't an afterlife. Then he realized there was a contradiction involved here and merely hoped that there wasn't an afterlife.
- Douglas Adams

silEnT development
http://mygamingtalk.com/
wanker

Post by wanker »

Random wrote:I dunno whats point of awards? More xp's?
What's a I Got No Friends Award? :D
Usually i get that.

Just an idea is maybe u could make covert ops to take units special tool when taking enemy clothes. Engi can repair one thing, medic can resurrect one unit (maybe even enemies?), and field ops can give 1-3 box of ammos. Dunno about soldier.
Without detection, if no enemies around. Just a little things to courige people covert more.

What do you think? Ruining balance?
Yeah, I think that would be too much of a change. I like the game how it is, with minor changes.
It's better when only coverts can spot mines.
UniDead

Post by UniDead »

Hi, with the mines it would be good if only covert can spot mines in the beginning and when one has all lvl of covert one can spot mines in every role, i thinkthat will be fair.
And on the otherside i think tripemines shouldnt be long destroyed by fire weapon, only grenade, defuse or sattel by covert.

Uni
Nobody’s gonna stand in my way
Give it up son, I’m doin’ this my way
Out of my way
gaoesa
Site Admin

Post by gaoesa »

The server is now configured so that only coverts can spot mines. This is the original game design and in it the current state of the server, it is not needed to be different. The tripmines are tactical tools and have proven to work very well with the current settings.
He hoped and prayed that there wasn't an afterlife. Then he realized there was a contradiction involved here and merely hoped that there wasn't an afterlife.
- Douglas Adams

silEnT development
http://mygamingtalk.com/
Random

Post by Random »

That mine spot thing is good. You can still see them, but not mark. Good!

Well that cover thing was just an idea. Thinking that someone could own whole opposite team with covert! :D

Covert is very usuafull unit, usually it can bring such devastation to other team that engies can break trough when opposites are consentrating on coverts sabotage. Not a frag unit, a team unit! Oh, and the smoke grenades. I just love em'.