New Forum

Latest news from the server.
gaoesa
Site Admin
her blog

New Forum

Post by gaoesa »

This is the new forum. We decided to go for a self hosted forum for many reasons. Here is listed few of them.
* Full control fo the forum.
* No adds.
* We can edit it however we like.

On the new forum, Lara C. will remain as an administrator. Additionally, QueenMary and -TheMightyG- are still moderators. I have a new work as an administrator since I became a host provider.

Also, a DNS name himalia.game-server.cc is registered. This name will work also when you want to connect to the ET server (e.g. /connect himalia.game-server.cc in ET console).

I have also reniced the ET server process (if your familiar with Linux you know what it means) so the forum on the same server should not cause any problems with the userbase we have. The old forum record was 7 simultaneous user.

The hardCore server is driven down. It didn't have enough users and even an empty ET server uses server memory. The hardcore server could be hosted when needed. However, we need to still think about the arrangements.
He hoped and prayed that there wasn't an afterlife. Then he realized there was a contradiction involved here and merely hoped that there wasn't an afterlife.
- Douglas Adams

silEnT development
http://mygamingtalk.com/
-TheMightyG-

Re: New Forum

Post by -TheMightyG- »

yeah - welcome on the new homebase ...
Himalia Tournament Head Admin
Himalia Gameserver Admin

Before PM me on any questions please read the following articles. If they
don't answer your question please do not hesitate to PM me or any other
tournament official.