hi

this is neros team

Teamname: Inglorious Bastards
Tag: IB

Captain: neroW|nger
Player: (Grunto!) ???
Player: Waldo*
Player: unidead
Player: z0rg (reserve cuz of a not so good isp)

grunto just disappeared and nero is looking for another teammember.
next thing is that this team seems to have language issues and according to this i would like to ask if it is possible that gao gives nero the guids of his players.
nero has unis guid already so at least zorgs and waldos guids are missing here.

i wish people would be fair enough to at least inform the captains that they arent playing but just disappearing and not saying a word simply sux!! [smilie=ireful3.gif]

cheers
[smilie=queen.gif]
-TheMightyG-

Re: nerowingers tournament team

Post by -TheMightyG- »

well that's nice - but this is not an official tournament application. i'dl prefer if nero would
send this information along with any other needed information as PM to me.
Himalia Tournament Head Admin
Himalia Gameserver Admin

Before PM me on any questions please read the following articles. If they
don't answer your question please do not hesitate to PM me or any other
tournament official.
neroWinger

Post by neroWinger »

that s very nice *Queen*
!!! big thx !!!

yes i need another one for my team
applications r welcome, here and on the server ;=)
*QueenMary*

Post by *QueenMary* »

thats not supposed to be an application thats why i put it in the whats up section and not in the tournament section [smilie=sarcastic_hand.gif] its a little more complicated unfortunately

im asking for a player for neros team [smilie=mosking.gif] and im asking gao if its possible to give nero the guids of his players.
after this we will hopefully have everything which is needed and nero will finally send you his application [smilie=party.gif]

so everyone who is interested please apply to neros team as soon as possible!

cheers
[smilie=queen.gif]

ps: you're welcome nero ;)
gaoesa
Site Admin

Post by gaoesa »

No I can't give player full etkeys to other players. Only the 8 character sequence (which is also unique to all pb registered players) of the guid is always public in all pb servers and that I could give, but unfortunately -TheMightyG- requires the full identification sequence.

Moreover, I think each team member should give it themselves (to team captain) for the reason that they don't sign up for something without their own knownledge.

EDIT:
Clarification of the differences between the etkey and the 8 character guid.

The game ET uses the unique full guid (or etkey) to identify players. The unique 8 character sequence is used by players to identify other players. The 8 character sequence is a part of the full etkey (32 characters).
He hoped and prayed that there wasn't an afterlife. Then he realized there was a contradiction involved here and merely hoped that there wasn't an afterlife.
- Douglas Adams

silEnT development
http://mygamingtalk.com/
*QueenMary*

Post by *QueenMary* »

damn..... well the language issue seems to be a problem then. guess we will have to find some polish player who translates for waldo what is needed then [smilie=dash2.gif]

[smilie=queen.gif]
Lara C.
Site Admin

Post by Lara C. »

Paco can maybe translate. In another issue he translated for Waldo and me. Thanks again that you did so paco [smilie=good.gif] [smilie=good.gif] [smilie=good.gif]
Paco82

Post by Paco82 »

No problem Lara. I can translate for him.

Nero, i can be a supprot to your team, if u're still looking someone.
The World Is Yours
neroWinger

Post by neroWinger »

î have da keys so far
but i still need a player [smilie=girl_devil.gif]
TheSilencerPL

Post by TheSilencerPL »

Paco, what has happened to your team then, if you offer yourself as backup fo nero? :) Did it cease to exist?
"The world is moving so fast these days that the man who says it can't be done is generally interrupted by someone doing it."
-- E. Hubbard
neroWinger

Post by neroWinger »

yes that s y i didnt ask paco cuz i thought he is in another team
neroWinger

Post by neroWinger »

plz care about the guids n do not poste them here in the forum, cuz every one even without registration can see it
btw u can see the last 8 digits in the www, that s y plz dont poste the 1st 24 digits too

thx
gaoesa
Site Admin

Post by gaoesa »

That is correct.

The last 8 digits are public in many services like pbbans, punksbusted, in game when you write /pb_power to your console you see the last 8 digits of each player on the server and on the statistics page of this website also. However, the first 24 digits are required to be able to spoof someones pbguid. Guid spoofing is hard on nitmod servers. The mod has several inbuilt protections for it. However, with other mods and servers, it is not hard at all. So please be carefull to not publish your full etkeys in public.
He hoped and prayed that there wasn't an afterlife. Then he realized there was a contradiction involved here and merely hoped that there wasn't an afterlife.
- Douglas Adams

silEnT development
gaoesa
Site Admin

Post by gaoesa »

I just noticed what you ment. There were only 22 characters of the private part of the guid. I edited those off anyway.

I assure in this point that we do not give any sensitive data of NOT cheating players to anyone or make it public. I or we do not give player IP addresses or etkeys to anyone. The 8 character sequence that is in the statistics is public and easily accessible from all the players. That part of the guid is made public because it makes it easy for other players to check do they find any cheats or other data from players with whom they play. Players interested doing that can get the guids anyway with /pb_power command. There are also some tools some have made to automatically collect the player guids (8-character) of fellow players and run through databases and report even when in game of players who have been previously busted.

There is no server side component installed that do this on this server though and there will not be one. For several reasons. This does not mean that any individual player could not use such a tool. Unfortunately, it is not in anyway possible to prevent it since it is all done in client side without contacting other players or the server to get that data. I say unfortunately, because it tracks the players through the servers where players do it or where is the serverside component installed and using the guid to do it. So it makes it hard to play anonymously on servers that use it.

The pbbans stream service would be interesting to install but with the problems pb currently has. I'm not going to install that one either to not get anymore problems from malfunctioning punkbuster.

However, if someone is caught of cheating on Himalia server. All the relevant data regarding that player can be published and added to any third party database or service.
- Douglas Adams

silEnT development